Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] automatically adds "-2" to my permalinks - every time I edit or post new pag

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
northcoastimports

13 posts · Jan 2010
[SOLVED] automatically adds "-2" to my permalinks - every time I edit or post new pag

I'm having some problems with my permalinks. WP is adding a "-2" to the end of all of my permalinks - even when there is no other page with the same name. Every time I post a new page, and every time I edit, it puts a "-2" after whatever I type in the permalink window.

I don't have anything in the "Trash," all of my pages are published, and I can't change the permalink back.

If I change to a completely new name, it will work ok... but even if I try and change it back to the name that I need it adds "-2"

Any help?

It is only occurring on one installation:

www.northcoastimports.com

Here's an example of an edited page:
www.northcoastimports.com/cc/8dm/8365-2

UPDATE: Apparently, it only occurs when the permalink is a number. I just created a new test page with the permalink "test" and it worked okay. I also created a new test page with the permalink "9999" and it added a "-2"

Last edited by northcoastimports; Jan 9, 2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: more info