Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] No sidebar in one page & cutsomize the widget icon

Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:01 AM
Zooman

5 posts · Feb 2013
Help [SOLVED] No sidebar in one page & cutsomize the widget icon

Hello,

thank you for the theme Montezuma. I really enjoy it.

But I've two questions.
1) I've a sidebar everywhere, but on only one page (static), I would like to have no sidebar. How can I hide the sidebar in this specific page ?

2) I customized the icons for the nav bar. Easy. I would like now to customize the icon of the link widget. I've 3 categories of links. So I've the widget links 3 times on the sidebar, 1 for each categorie. But the icon is the star. I would like to have a specific icon the each one. How can I do that ?

EDIT : I guess it will be the same to change the icon of the search widget /EDIT

I'm not a professional of CSS, but I "tink"... :D

Thank you

Last edited by Zooman; Feb 15, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
1) I've a sidebar everywhere, but on only one page (static), I would like to have no sidebar. How can I hide the sidebar in this specific page ?
1) go to dashboard->pages and edit the page in question
2) look at the address of the page, it will be something like this:
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=2&action=edit
3) make note of the value in the 'post=..' part of the address. In this case the post value is '2'. This is your page ID
4) go to mto->main templates->+ Add main template
5) for the template name use 'page-nn' where nn= your page ID. So using the value from above you would use 'page-2'
6) set the 'Make new template a copy of:' to 'page' and press the 'Add Main Template' button

You can now edit this template and the settings will ony show on this page.

Quote:
2) I customized the icons for the nav bar. Easy. I would like now to customize the icon of the link widget. I've 3 categories of links. So I've the widget links 3 times on the sidebar, 1 for each categorie. But the icon is the star. I would like to have a specific icon the each one. How can I do that ?
basically the same way as the menu. You just have to find the CSS selector or create one that is specific to each item you want to change. This is where a code inspector like FireBug in Firefox vecomes a valuable tool to learn how to use.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:30 PM
Zooman

5 posts · Feb 2013
Dear Juggledad

thank you for your quick answer.

1) I followed your steps. I added a template and deleted the <div> of the widgets. Then I changed this
Code:
<div id="content" class="col8">
to this
Code:
<div id="content" class="col12">
Thank you, it works.

2) I'm able to change the search widget icon, by just adding this :
Code:
.widget_search > h3 i 			{ background-position: -120px -120px }
.widget_search:hover > h3 i 			{ background-position:  -96px -120px }
I'll later add a new icon.

But one problem persists. I've two widgets of links, with a star icon. I would like to customize this icon.
Code:
<aside id="linkcat-9" class="widget widget_links cf">

<aside id="linkcat-10" class="widget widget_links cf">
I tried this in the widgets.css :
Code:
.linkcat-9 .widget_links > h3 i				{ background-position: -120px -120px }
and
Code:
#linkcat-9 .widget_links > h3 i				{ background-position: -120px -120px }
It doesn't work. Do you have any clue, please ?

Thank you.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this
HTML Code:
.linkcat-9 .widget_links > h3 i
in english says:
for an element with an class of 'linkcat-9'
that has a decendent element with a class of 'widget_links
that has a H3 child element
that has an I decendent element
apply this CSS.

Test time: why doesn't your CSS selector work? If you don't know, go take teh tutorial at http://htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/ and then look at your CSS again.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:39 PM
Zooman

5 posts · Feb 2013
Solution :
Code:
#linkcat-9 > h3 i				{ background-position: -120px -120px }
thanks