Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] 3 x Sidebar Image Widgets have failed

Old Sep 10, 2010, 01:39 PM
wickedmike

5 posts · Sep 2010
South Africa
I'm using Atahualpa353. My website is at www.listedproperty.dreamhosters.com.

I have gone through over 250 threads to find no solution. I need to place my own rotating images (not Adsense etc.) in the right inner sidebar. I loaded both:

Image Widget - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/image-widget/
BlogWell's Simple Image - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-image-link/

Images did not appear at all.

I hadn't gone for an ad manager because i need images that i can upload myself rather than insert code for AdSense etc. Further reasoning is that i'm a newbie. Nevertheless, i then tried the AdRotate plugin 'cause it seemed to offer both. However, it would not load at all. I discovered a thread where another had found the same problem.

Help much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by wickedmike; Sep 11, 2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 04:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what happens if you switch to the default theme and add them to it's sidebar?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:15 AM
wickedmike

5 posts · Sep 2010
South Africa
Thanks but no luck. The problem turned out to be something different entirely.

The inner and outer sidebars cannot be used simultaneously i.e. i can't, as intended, have images in the right sidebar and rss feeds in the inner right sidebar I love the template but in this case had chosen it because of the 4 columns.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sure you can use both inner and outer sidebars. there must be something else wrong
I just installed the two plugins, put them in the right and right inner sidebars and added images and the images show.

p,s, Your site doesn't have the right and right inner sidebars active - do you have them both checked off in the SIDEBAR option page?

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 13, 2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:40 AM
wickedmike

5 posts · Sep 2010
South Africa
I reloaded the theme onto another site and exact same problem. I'm prepared to give you the login in a private mail so you can view my widget page on Wordpress to show you i'm speaking the truth? if you show me that i'm an idiot, i'll be grateful too
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:42 AM
wickedmike

5 posts · Sep 2010
South Africa
Never scrolled as far as your PS. Will check now.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:51 AM
wickedmike

5 posts · Sep 2010
South Africa
Thanks, Juggledad. Because i could see the inner menu bars in the widget area, i did not expect that they'd need to be turned on separately. Nevertheless, will accept moronic status and build up courage for the next question