Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to change header image on Atahualpa3.4.1

Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:25 PM
pilsen1

51 posts · Sep 2009
I'm brand new to this I'm trying to change the picture in the header but can't figure out how to.

I read that I needed to do this, WordPress themes folder, you will see a folder called Atahualpa. Inside this folder (along with some PHP and some other folders) will be a folder called 'Images'. Inside this folder you will find a folder called 'Header'. That's where the header images are located.

I don't know how to do this or how to change the header image can anyone help me? .

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 25, 2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want to use the automatic rotating header images, you will have up update to Atahualpa 3.4.2.

You need to use an FTP program to load your header images to that folder. I suggest you google 'FTP' and find a program that works for you and read it's documentation so you can get it to work.

(also - do not double post - I've deletedd your post from the other thread)
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:53 AM
pilsen1

51 posts · Sep 2009
Thnak you.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:29 PM
pilsen1

51 posts · Sep 2009
I upgraded to 3.4.3, I was able to get into the zipped folders for atahualpa and found the header images, I added mine to that folder and deleted the images that were in there.

But my image never showed up so I recover the images and put them back on the folder, now what I want to know is how would I make the image that I added appear.

I also got an FTP program but I can't figure out how to gwt to the wordpress themes and then go to the atahualpa header image.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 05:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you got the new release (3.4.3) and unzipped if, did you move (ftp) it to yur host? If it is sitting on your computer then you aren't using it.

You should check with your HOST and look thru thier support area for an expolaination. You will need to know the locatation of your space on the host, your ID and password so you can log in. Every FTP program does things a little different.

If you want some personalized tutoring, send me a private message (PM) and I'll quote you my rate