Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

A (different) shareaholic issue

Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:47 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
I am playing with using Shareaholic as a plugin, and it is overwriting my featured images on the front page for some reason.

img.shareaholic-target-media-hover-state ends up over my featured image, I suspect it is overwriting the images Montezuma uses (black and white vs color). I end up with pinterest icon overlay on all my images. (See the right sidebar advertisement as well). Funny thing is that pinterest is turned off on the active sharing bar.

Any insights?

Edit: Forgot the link... www.landmaninsider.com

Edit2: I am going to disable the widget on all pages except author pages - which should still (hopefully) allow someone to look at it and give me some advice. New url: http://landmaninsider.com/author/landmaninsider/

Last edited by ryoung; Jan 31, 2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 05:42 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
Wow nothing? No words of encouragement, suggestions, comedic quips? i'm so sad.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 07:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ok here goes:

keep at it…you can do it…good job…

what is the plugin you are using?
what happens with twenty-twelve does it behave there?

sometimes we get busy (like having your 1 1/2 yr old grandson want to be in your arms all day because he has a miserable cold - then he gives the cold to you) or have paying customers or other events in our lives that take precedence over doing free support on the forum.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 4, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 07:58 PM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
I was really just being a smartass while bumping on the sly

It's an issue with Shareaholic and Montezuma -- probably due to specificity in Shareaholic -- there was a previous issue with this plugin that was discussed on the forum and got resolved after some discussion. However, for that issue there is some communication from the developer where they patched that particular issue.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21072

http://wordpress.org/plugins/shareaholic/
Old Feb 4, 2014, 04:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) Have you tried disabling ALL other plugins?
2) what settings have you used for the plugin?

I just installed and activated it and with the default options it works fine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shareaholic.png
Views:	1664
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2486  
Old Feb 4, 2014, 07:50 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
So, I played a bit more and fixed part of the problem. A plugin called Q2W3 was causing the featured images to not display. It is a plugin to cause widgets to 'fix' themselves and float down with the screen.

I still have the "Pinterest" logo on images though.... You can see it on the book image/link on the right sidebar when you hover. I originally thought it might be plugin that handles my ads (Ad Injection), but the error also persists on images that are in regular posts. (Even on screens that Shareaholic is not displaying on: http://landmaninsider.com/annual-ind...professionals/)

I've tried toggling the remaining widgets and haven't had any luck If I enable only the Shareaholic plugin I still get the error. I've attached an image of what it looks like when I hover over a picture.

This also happens on the featured images on the article list pages (index pages) , but the actual featured image pops 'over' the pinterest icon. If you hover over a featured image while it is loading you will see the pinterest logo briefly appear before the featured image loads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1656
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2487  
Old Feb 4, 2014, 08:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so, did you disable ALL the plugins except shareaholic at the same time?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 08:23 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
so, did you disable ALL the plugins except shareaholic at the same time?
Yep, that was the last thing I did. I renamed my plugin folder and then copied only the shareaholic to a new plugin folder. I believe that should have accomplished disabling everything but shareaholic.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 08:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go back and read my posts and please answer ALL the questions I asked.

Quote:
I renamed my plugin folder and then copied only the shareaholic to a new plugin folder. I believe that should have accomplished disabling everything but shareaholic.
Did it? did you go to the plugin page and make sure?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 08:54 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
Sure thing, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Questions:

what is the plugin you are using? Shareaholic
what happens with twenty-twelve does it behave there? Crap, it does occur with 2012.
Have you tried disabling ALL other plugins? Yes
What settings have you used for the plugin? Vertical, and I'm placing it via PHP into a widget using PHPExec
Did it? did you go to the plugin page and make sure? Yes, I did verify that only that plugin was loaded.

Crud. Now I'm at a loss. Other people don't have this issue and I'm having it with 2012 theme as well. This shouldn't be happening. Sounds like this must be outside of any factors relating to Montezuma theme... regardless, I'd certainly accept any other suggestions.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
what happens with twenty-twelve does it behave there? Crap, it does occur with 2012.
well it's not a theme issue then
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:05 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
well it's not a theme issue then
Yeah, I acknowledged that

"Sounds like this must be outside of any factors relating to Montezuma theme..."

Sorry for wasting your time...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:22 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
As an aside, I know I'm obviously not a high donator... but I will donate when I ask for something that is more than a quick simple issue. I know your busy like the rest of us, but I kind of feel like I didn't really deserve the tone in general. I'd have much rather just received a PM quoting a price to help me fix it.

Regardless, I understand this is an unpaid support forum, and I will do better to respect that in future.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I kind of feel like I didn't really deserve the tone in general
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Is this in reference to my 'encouragment' on my first reply?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:49 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
I have finally found an answer to the problem. It is a feature of Shareaholic called Shareable Images, and allows you to easily share images on your web page on Pinterest. This page has more information.

To turn it off, logon to your Shareaholic account, click on Site Tools, click the Settings tab towards the right, scroll down until you see the checkbox labeled Shareable images, uncheck that box, and then click the Save Settings button.