Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Help Please - Want To Add A Component to Ata

Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:29 PM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
Help Please - Want To Add A Component to Ata

Hello,

I want to add an element to the top of my site, as seen on this site: http://www.bulkdesigns.net/

With the checkmarks, product image and call to action link.

Anyway to do this?

I thought of using tables to create a custom element in the post editor and then putting the HTML into the Center Column, but I am not sure that a table will render correctly in all browsers or in mobile.

I can use any ATA version, currently using Ata 3.7

Any suggestions?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 01:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) upgrade to atahualpa 3.7.12
2) use FireBug in FireFox and examine how they did it
3) replicate that idea in the atahualpa 'Configure Header Area' option and 'CSS Inserts'
4) pat yourself on the back
Old Aug 5, 2013, 04:12 PM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks Juggle,

Unfortunately that won't work, he bought that theme, it's part of the design, the developers license for that theme is $3700, or $55 for one time use. Way too much, and I love ATA wanted to stick with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
1) upgrade to atahualpa 3.7.12
2) use FireBug in FireFox and examine how they did it
3) replicate that idea in the atahualpa 'Configure Header Area' option and 'CSS Inserts'
4) pat yourself on the back
Old Aug 5, 2013, 04:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you learn to look at the source os a page, you can see how the page is built. I could probably duplicate that page in a day of screwng arround with it.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 05:12 PM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
That's true, I will try it out.

Do you know of any slider plugin that works with ATA, I have tried all the top ones, and none work properly, they either are flat images, or the slider is broken, nothing works??

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
if you learn to look at the source os a page, you can see how the page is built. I could probably duplicate that page in a day of screwng arround with it.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 05:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Do you know of any slider plugin that works with ATA, I have tried all the top ones, and none work properly
what do you define as 'the top ones'?