Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Change header images on each page

Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:11 PM
westpro

55 posts · Sep 2012
[SOLVED] Change header images on each page

Am brand new to Atahualpa. Set up a beautiful homepage without any problems. The homepage features 5 rotating images that are 950px by 600px.
However, on the rest of the pages on the site I would like a single header image (different image for each page) that measures 950px by 300. Beyond this, everything remains the same as the homepage.
I have very limited knowledge of php or css.
Thank you.
westpro
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you searched the forums?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
westpro

55 posts · Sep 2012
Thank you for this solution.
One more question. The header on my home page measures 950px by 600px. The headers I want to use on the other pages need to be 950px by 300px. Do I need to add code to each of the headers to make them appear the right size?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:58 PM
westpro

55 posts · Sep 2012
I got ahead of my self. Yesterday I posted:
"Am brand new to Atahualpa. Set up a beautiful homepage without any problems. The homepage features 5 rotating images that are 950px by 600px.
However, on the rest of the pages on the site I would like a single header image (different image for each page) that measures 950px by 300. Beyond this, everything remains the same as the homepage.
I have very limited knowledge of php or css.
Thank you."
Was sent a great solution. Before I could try it I posted another question. Now when I try to find the solution Juggledad sent all I can find is a message that reads, "have you searched the forums?"
I have been searching the forums for over an hour now and cannot relocate the solution sent to me yesterday.
If possible, please send it again.
Thank you,
Westpro
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:56 AM
westpro

55 posts · Sep 2012
Still trying to keep rotating header images on homepage but have different header images on the rest of the pages and posts.
Per instructions added to HTML/CSS Inserts:

body.page-id-7 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-c.../page-id-7.jpg) !important;} (of course I substituted my pages and images)

Did not work. Still have homepage rotating header images appearing on each page. Have tried searching forums but it's looking for a needle in a haystack.

Trying to get this site completed. Please give me some direction.
Thank you,
Westpro
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To just have an item showing on the front page you can set it to display:none and than after that CSS you set it to display block but target the home page.