Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Archive Page Problems

Old Mar 7, 2009, 01:39 PM
adashofsass

8 posts · Mar 2009
Hi there ...

Loving the theme! Really has made a MAJOR difference in my ability to control the look/feel of my site. Once I get some income I'm making a donation!! ;-)

I'm having a serious problem getting my Archive Page going. It's probably something basic that I'm missing because everything else has been so intuitive. I've input my blank page ID (recipe-index) in the ID box, but nothing happens. The page remains blank. I only want to display the posts by category, so I've turned off the archive by date option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
- Kate
http://adashofsass.com
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:06 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You'll need to put the ID (number) there, not the slug (recipe-index). To find the ID go to Pages -> Hover over the page title & watch for a URL ending on "/page.php?action=edit&post=XXX" in the browser's status bar (at the bottom). Or if you don't have a status bar, click on the page title and the URL will be in the browser's URL field (on top)
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:04 AM
adashofsass

8 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you so much!! Ok, I got it working ... now, is there a way to display, under each category heading, a list of all the posts in that category. I just want to display the name of the post, not the excerpt. Is this possible? Maybe I need a separate plugin to make that happen.

Thanks again for the help!!

- Kate
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:31 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Perhaps with a plugin, Atahualpa doesn't have a feature for this
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:08 AM
adashofsass

8 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks so much for responding! I found a plugin that will make that happen.

I have another question about the layout showing up differently on different computers ... but I'll do a new thread in the appropriate forum! :-)