Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Internet Explorer Compatibility Issue

Old Apr 4, 2011, 07:03 PM
kpalaniuk

4 posts · Apr 2011
Site: http://wedding.palaniuk.net
Issue: Header is not showing on Internet Explorer. Tables with two columns are not showing correctly.

Site is fine with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

Atahualpa theme version 3.6.1
Wordpress version 3.0.5

Please help!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 08:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
OK... What did you do? It looks like all is working now.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:10 PM
kpalaniuk

4 posts · Apr 2011
I'm sorry, but it still looks broken to me.. My associate says the following about it

"I've cleaned up code and removed all unnecessary features and code. I deleted info in all fields in the ATO dashboard fields that isn't necessary. So there should be no dirtiness with the browser. I even copied, pasted, reviewed, corrected code in notepad and copied back - I did this because a lot of issues posted over this browser issue pasting code from MS Word or other programs (I did little Dreamweaver help)."

But still, the header is not loading. If it helps, we are using a plugin called Kimili Flash Embed.

See the screenshot below. The first screenshot shows the site correctly with the header showing. The bottom one is what you see on IE8.

Correct site with header...

Incorrect (not showing header)...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's working in IE9 but not IE8 or below. What version of Atahualpa are you using?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:03 PM
kpalaniuk

4 posts · Apr 2011
That's good to know that it's working for IE9. The atahualpa theme version we are using is 3.6.1. We have been hesitant on updating either wordpress itself, or Atahualpa to avoid bugs.

We were hoping to launch today, but given that probably over 40% of the potential viewers are using IE8, we would really like to get this fixed. We do appreciate all your help!

**UPdate** Looks like about 25% of internet users are browsing with IE8. Only about 1% are using the most up-to-date IE9 at this point so this is still a big concern. That said, about 25% still aren't able to see our header containing the flash file used to rotate images and play the song.

Last edited by kpalaniuk; Apr 4, 2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 05:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It looks like you have put some body html into the <header>...</header> area. IE
HTML Code:
<div id="header-container"/>
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="980" height="350" data="http://wedding.palaniuk.net/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/benefits.swf"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://wedding.palaniuk.net/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/benefits.swf"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="base" value="http://wedding.palaniuk.net/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/"/>
</object>
</div>
some of the browsers can handle something like this, but others can't (like ie)

I assume you put this code at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Header when you really want it at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Top
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:01 AM
kpalaniuk

4 posts · Apr 2011
Quote:
I assume you put this code at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Header when you really want it at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Top
This is exactly what we did. I made the change and we are up and running with a header now on IE. But it looks like we are back to the same problem we had before regarding the formatting. As you can see, "Our Story" header tag as well as part of the bottom section is displaying down the right column of the body after the top section. I will try some tweaking of the table, but not sure why this is happening.. We are almost there!