Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa doesn't play well with certain plugins like proplayer for example,

Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:54 AM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Hello,

Nice theme by the way!

however, i'm using some plugins that atahualpa can't handle, but i MUST use these plugins.

Proplayer is a plugin that inserts videos into posts using [wordpress shortcodes].

However, atahualpa will display the html content in the post instead of actually rendering the HTML the the shortcode returns so my posts look hideous with HTML code displayed instead of videos.

Check out this link to see what I mean:
http://bettafootwear.com/~/wp-test/?...TB_iframe=true

It is supposed to look like this (different theme, but videos are working):
http://bettafootwear.com/~/wp-test/

I know this has something to do with the unstandard bfa_ata() calls.

If you could fix this for all plugins that use shortcodes, that'd be great! For now i will have to settle with a different theme
Old Jul 2, 2010, 04:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) Both your link get error
2) what version of Atahualpa and WP?
3) are you using excerpts on the blog page? if so whay happens on the single page display of the post

Atahualpa doesn't mess with the short codes in a post, however it does strip HTML in excerpts, as per the wordpress default, but it gives you the option to not-strip html that you specify

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 6, 2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:10 AM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Oh yeah, just realized that link only works if logged in as admin, it's the theme preview link.

Anyways, i have tried the latest atahualpa both from wordpress.org and from here with WP 3.0.

The posts simply show the literal html that is supposed to be embedded on the page instead of the content.

Try using atahualpa (latest), WP3.0 and the plugin "ProPlayer". Once the plugin is installed, add a video to your post and then view your blog and you'll see what i mean.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:02 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That player hasn't been updated in over 200 days and says it is compatible up to WP 2.8.6. I know that many plugins not test for 3.0 will work but as this doesn't appear to work I would look for a newer plugin or contact the plugin developer.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:09 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Well the plugin works perfectly using the official twentyten theme so it works fine in WP 3. So i know it's an atahualpa issue.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just installed and tested and it works fine as long as I have Full Posts selected for the pages I want the video to show. See this screehshot. Atahualpa adds an option to only show excerpts but as you found out that won't work in all situations.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:19 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
aha, that explains it! I missed that detail.

Maybe "full posts" should be the default setting?