Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] problem stacking custom widgets in header area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:53 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
[SOLVED] problem stacking custom widgets in header area

I have successfully created 2 custom widget areas in my header for a logo (left) and a login widget (right). The statement for that is:

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=logoLogin&cells=2&align_1=9& align_2=4&width_1=500&width_2=190&before_widget=<d iv id="%1$s" class="header-widget%2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

I now decided that I need another row under this to hold 2 other widgets. When complete, the top row is logo image and to the right, a text area. Under this is to the left, a larger text area and to the right of that, the login widget.

The problem is that the new widget areas (for the second row) appear to the right of my layout - and in line with the bottom of my top row widget areas. The problem seems it may be a vertical sizing issue whereby the new widget areas don't have room underneath the first 2 (the first row) so they are being pushed out to the right.

The statement I'm using is the following (and I've tried using areas 7 and 5 as well as these, 8 & 4)

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=logoLogin&cells=4&align_1=9& align_2=3&align_3=8&align_4=4&width_1=500&width_2= 300&width_3=610&width_4=190&before_widget=<div id="%1$s"class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

Has anyone run into this? I guess I need to override the height property? I also expanded my layout width way out as a test and no change so that's not the problem..

Thanks
Thomas