Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How can I insert a preformatted table avoiding Atahualpa to override its sty

Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:48 AM
danidemi

1 posts · Nov 2009
Hi,
currently Atahualpa applies some nice styles to tables.

The problem is that I need to post an already styled table that I got from a spreadsheet. That table is full of colors, and those colors have a deep meaning, so I would be able to show the table as it is.

Sadly, Atahualpa has css style that are applied to each table contained in posts. This is great generally speaking, because it ensures a consistent style across the blog, but it's not what I need in this very peculiar scenario.

So... Does anyone knows if there is a way to make sure a table get show with its original colors ?

Removing or modifying the Atahualpa css is not a solution, 'cause it would modify the appearance of all tables across the blog.

Thank you very much

Daniele
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you got an example url?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:18 AM
Mista

2 posts · Nov 2009
Hello Daniele,

I am fairly new to CSS as well and ran into the same problem as you did.
For now I have it working and am able to address each cell individually to set the style.
But I don't know if that is the 'correct' way of doing it or if this is what you want.
I used the info from two posts:
1) http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=tables
2) http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ht=table+class

Step 1)
In the post where I want to have a table with my format I insert this table:
Code:
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td id="td-past" width="25%">first item</td>
<td id="td-past" width="25%">second item</td>
<td id="td-current" width="25%">third item</td>
<td id="td-future" width="25%">fourth item</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>
The key is the 'id=your-reference-for-this-cell' reference.

Step 2)
Open Atahualpa Theme options and select 'Add HTML/CSS Inserts'
Here you can insert the desired style per referenced id:
Code:
#td-current {
	background: #85c2c2;
	text-align: center;
	font-weight: bold;
	}
#td-future {
	background: #ffffff;
}
#td-past {
	background: #cccccc;
}
Save the theme options and in the frontend it should work. NOTE that you won't see this while editing your post as the CSS rules are not applied in editing mode.

Good luck, hope this helps.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:10 AM
Kazna

13 posts · Jan 2010
Mista you've saved my day! :* I was getting stuck with this and follow your instruction, it's very good now. Thanks a lot!