Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Can't make up your mind re: background color?

Old Apr 10, 2009, 05:55 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I found a plugin that lets you set a different background color or image post by post. I doubt I'll use it much, but it does give you a lot of flexibility. I have checked it out only by changing one post's background from white to gray, just to see if it works. It does. I'm not vouching for its overall safety, though, since I haven't used it much.

http://blogtap.net/custom_post_background_plugin.shtml
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:23 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can do this just with CSS though, if I understood what the plugin does

CSS Insert, i.e.

HTML Code:
div#post-152 {
background: #cccccc;
}
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:20 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
That's great!

I guess the plugin is good for folks who aren't comfortable using CSS.

Is Atahualpa unusual in letting you insert CSS this way?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This post-152 is created by WP. I had turned it off in earlier WP versions because I thought that classes and ID's that aren't used by me would just clutter the source code until I realized that having many extra classes can come in handy.

And Atahualpa is now getting extra CSS on top of what WP provides: The <BODY> tag of each page has several classes and an ID too now, so you can style any specific element on any specific page.

body#body-page-13 div.post {
}

Styles the div.post container on the page with ID 13