Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] drop down menus?

Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:14 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Are drop down menu's possible?
many thanks
Lisa
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Sure... Just use sub pages, sub categories, or the new WP menu builder.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:37 PM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
sorry, I need more clues than that! Is the WP menu builder a plugin?
Where are the sub categories? Is it something to do with "Depth of Page Menu Bar" ?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When you create a page you can set it as a parent or as a child of a parent. That is a dropdown on the right side when you are editing the page. The same goes for categories.

If you have WordPress 3.x and Atahualpa 3.5.3 you can click on Appearance>Menus to get to the WordPress menu system.

All of the above is in WordPress settings not Atahualpa options.

Does that help?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 04:50 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I have parents and children all set up but on the menu at the top the categories are not dropping down. Is there something else I need to do? I cant see any options for that in the WP menu system.

thanks - and sorry to be dense
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:41 AM
NeilC

47 posts · Jun 2010
Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
Send a message via Skype™ to NeilC
Use the WordPress Menu... ADMIN>>>APPEARANCE>>>MENUS

Takes a little time to get right but well worth it because you can mix and match categories and pages (plus custom menu items) as required.

You will see that you have TWO menus available to configure in Atahualpa 3.5.3

Add all of the items for each menu (Menu 1 and Menu 2) by ticking the boxes in the left column as required and then you drag and drop into position on the right of the Wordpress Admin Menu page with the positioning (the amount each menu item is "tabbed" indicating its level in the menu).
See pic

The ability to change menu orders easily is a huge benefit of using the Wordpress menu system.
All new items added to a menu will appear at the bottom of the list and can also be dragged and dropped.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:41 PM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
now that is the coolest thing ever! you are a genius! thank you, I am so, so proud of this website now!
www.lactivist.net