Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] template pages - unexpected behavior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 23, 2012, 06:48 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
[SOLVED] template pages - unexpected behavior

WP 3.3.2, ATA 3.7.7

Here's an odd problem I've encountered on two different sites in development;

http://chigallery.com/gallery/

Sites needed a front page a bit more complex than the rest of the site; so I used a template page...

Code:
<?php
/*
Template Name: home
*/
?>
The template (in this case "Home") shows up in the page editor, and works as expected.

However, when I set the site's front page to be the templated page... and set the "posts" page to be a news page or blog page (IE, posts are not on the front page)... BOTH pages use the template.

I've tried duplicating Index.php and giving it it's own template name (like "Blog.php") but the POSTS page still uses whatever template is assigned to the front page.

On the site above, you'll see both the home page and the "events" page are the same.

Any ideas?

Last edited by mcphoto; May 23, 2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: typo