Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

Full Item Issue with RSS feed to Mailchimp

Old Jan 8, 2016, 05:50 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
Full Item Issue with RSS feed to Mailchimp

I would like to have the full article sent within a mailchimp RSS campaign.

Looking at two websites I have, both with WP-Atahualpa 3.7.24. For one website (www.anncastro.net) the full article gets pulled into the mailchimp campaign exactly as wanted, for the other (www.dievogelschule.com) it does not. And I don't have a clue why. The code in the mailchimp campaign and the ATO RSS settings are identical.

Mailchimp's help pages state the <content:encoded> tags must be set. But WP-Help pages warn that that can be a problem. besides why should I need to manually paste those into articles when for the other WP site it is not neccessary?

I cannot figure out, what I am doing on the one site that is making the full article feed work and which I am not doing on the other site. Have any of you encountered this problem and can tell me where I should be looking?

Thanks,
Ann.

Last edited by annsworld; Jan 8, 2016 at 05:52 AM. Reason: info missing
Old Jan 8, 2016, 05:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Is there any difference in the settings at ATO->Configure EXCERPTS?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 02:22 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
Hey, There were some differences on the working vs. not-working site:
  • Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts? 0 vs. 1
  • Custom read more: &nbsp;. . .&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="%permalink%">=> %title%</a> vs. <span style="color:#777"> . . . &rarr; mehr: <a href="%permalink%">%title%</a></span>
  • Excerpt length: 45 vs. 55

I changed them step by step. Unfortunately ... no difference. Still not working. So strange.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 02:27 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
I just noticed something odd: On the working site I have Atahualpa version 3.7.24. The not-workign site has 3.7.23 BUT it claims that all themes are up to date. Thus I cannot update. Can this be a German/English issue? The working site is an English version the non-working site a German version.

It get's weirder, yet (albeit I don't know, whether this is the culprit): In the Design/Themes section it says that my current Theme is Atahualpa 3.7.24 BUT in the ATO it says I am using 3.7.24. It also states that 3.7.24 is now available, but nowhere am I able to upgrade it. I suppose because the Themes section "thinks" it is upgraded.

Last edited by annsworld; Jan 9, 2016 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 02:38 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
So I downloaded and switched to "Twenty Sixteen" and then back to Atahualpa which was supposed to be 3.7.24. Guess what. I still have the issue that in the Theme section it says I have 3.7.24 active, but in the ATO it still says it is 3.7.23 Arghghghghg ... what is happening here?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 03:13 AM
annsworld

140 posts · Mar 2010
I also tried:
  • upgraded to php 5.4
  • Disable plugin "WP Super Edit"
  • Disable plugin "Site Layout Customizer"
  • Changed ATO/Configure EXCERPTS/Excerpt length to 50000
The last one did the trick. but I really do not understand why. In the working site the excerpt length is just 45 and it works totally without problems ...