Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.6.4 released

Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Download Atahualpa 3.6.4 here

This version is in the review queue at wordpress.org but not listed yet

FIXED
* BUGFIX 361-01: meta tags not appearing in generated source
* BUGFIX 361-02: Tab order on comment form incorrect when user is not logged in
* BUGFIX 361-03: Allow Tag widget links to use Atahualpa widget link styling.
* BUGFIX 361-04: Allow Custom Menu widget links to use same styling as Pages widget.
See also http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

2 new options:

* “Style & configure LAYOUT” -> “Emulate IE7″. Defaults to ‘No’ and will only generate the line
HTML Code:
<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=EmulateIE7″ />
when set to ‘Yes’
* “Header Image” -> “Overlay Header Image”
The Overlay Header Image area allows you to put in HTML which will overlay the header image

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 20, 2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:45 PM
damian

22 posts · Feb 2010
Is there an easy way to update Atahualpa on my site simply by clicking a button or two, rather than having to download and upload all of the files manually?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:20 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
I get errors on three sites. One of them doesn't see any posts or pages any more after upgrading; two others give blank pages all over.

With other installations, with the exact same WP version and plugins, I have no problems whatsoever. Any ideas, any-one? I'll be looking further and will tell if I find anything useful.

BTW: I have exported all settings from the previous ATA into the new one......
Old Feb 2, 2011, 03:53 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
After some testing I can only come to the conclusion that the theme doesn't see my database somehow. All posts and pages are missing and I get the "you're looking for something that isn't there" error. When I switch back to version 3.5.3, everything is back to normal again.

I am unable to find any system in there, alas...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 05:49 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
I am still searching, but I found out that if I use the 'Delete bfa4' button, then the theme does see my posts and pages, but all my settings are gone. If I then import the settings from the previous version, I get the errors again. So the fault sits somewhere in an ATA setting, but which one? That is now the interesting question.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Carlo, please attach your setting file to a reply
Old Feb 2, 2011, 08:01 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Here are my settings..... Hope they reveal their dark secrets to you.... :-)
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwnemopolitannl-20110202.txt (14.7 KB, 2865 views)
Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what release did you create the export on?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:29 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
I had to go back to 3.5.3 before I could make an export.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:44 AM
DanGarion

9 posts · May 2009
I'm getting some weirdness when I'm trying to update. I am currently running 3.5.2 when I upload 3.6.4 and then active I get a 404 error with no styling and the body area is missing all content.

I went back to my old version and then did an export, changed to 3.6.4 and did an import and things still look broke. I tried disabling my caching and that didn't resolve it either.

I've attached my settings for your review.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-20110202.txt (19.2 KB, 2560 views)
Old Feb 2, 2011, 05:09 PM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
This could be related to the fact that 3.6.x is using php streams to load some of the content. I've had issues with Suhosin, but there could be other reasons.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Carlo and DanGarion... Juggledad and I just spent a bunch of time getting to the bottom of the import export issues. While we are not certain as to what caused the errors we have found what looks to be a fix. There were some lines in the exported styles that should not have been there. Attached are the edited files for you to try importing and see how they work. They are named accordingly.

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 1, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 01:42 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
My dear Gents. IT WORKED! Unbelievable. Now the big question: can I do this myself? I have two other sites with the same problem....

I think you guys are simply AMAZING!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Carlos, could I get admin access to one of those sites. I'd like to poke around and see if I can figure out why it happens to you but not me. If so, send me a PM with an admin ID/PW thanks
Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:57 AM
paolo-from-italy

6 posts · Aug 2009
if you want,I can give you my site with the same problem...
Old Feb 3, 2011, 06:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yes please send me a admin ID/PW in a PM
Old Feb 3, 2011, 07:48 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Hey Mister Juggledad,

I have two attachments for you, made by exporting from 3.5.3 as the other one. These two sites give the same problem. If you still need access to one of them, I can do that tomorrow....

BTW: they all run on the same server.....
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwloekvanderklisnl-20110203.txt (15.7 KB, 2277 views)
File Type: txt ata-wwwlogantttnl-20110203.txt (16.1 KB, 2254 views)
Old Feb 3, 2011, 08:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I'm not seeing the same issues with those two file Carlo.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 08:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Carlos, as Larry said, both of those import fine. some times I have to import them twice to get the green 'import successful message'
Old Feb 3, 2011, 01:15 PM
Cheers

105 posts · Jun 2010
Another small problem with upgrade to 3.6.4. My favicon doesn't show. I checked the header.php and css.php and the lines <?php global $templateURI; ?> seem to be there in a modified form. (taken from 3.6 upgrade problems.

Please advise when convenient,
Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:59 PM
DanGarion

9 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Carlo and DanGarion... Juggledad and I just spent a bunch of time getting to the bottom of the import export issues. While we are not certain as to what caused the errors we have found what looks to be a fix. There were some lines in the exported styles that should not have been there. Attached are the edited files for you to try importing and see how they work. They are named accordingly.
Thanks that worked!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 06:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
@Cheers

Do the default favicons work?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 01:34 AM
bvision

12 posts · Jan 2009
Heerlen, The Netherlands
I am a little disappointed with this version. Since version 3.5.3 it does not work for me. I get only a blank screen. It must be easy to look for the differences between the versions and find a cause and offer a solution, or go back... A theme should always work. I think I'll just go looking for a new theme. And yes, I tried every solution you offered. No cache, tried the ini, send my info.php but no response.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 04:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Vision,
I'm sorry you are having problems. Due to WordPress requirements, Flynn - the developer of Atahualpa, had to make some code changes.

One of these code changes can cause a conflict if 'Suhosin' is installed as part of PHP on a site. The solution is to tell Suhosin to whitelist the BFA code. This is detailed in one of the other posts.

Different sites have different versions of PHP installed. For example, on the host I use (I'm a long time customer) Suhosin is not part of PHP, however for new sites at the same host, Suhosin IS part of PHP!! (i discovered this when setting up a site fot a customer of mine) I guess that new users are on a different server.

Then comes the issue of how much control your host allows you. I can go in and edit the php.ini for my site and restate the server, others can add a php.ini override, some can't use a php.ini at all and have to contact their host's tech support to get past this issue.

Also, when you add a post to an existing thread it can get lost. My suggestion is one user/one issue pre thread.

If you decide to switch themes, I wish you best of luck.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:45 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
I am having the same problem as Carlo. 3.5.3 to 3.6.4, database is no longer found after upgrading.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwdemocracyforvancouverorg-20110209.txt (29.3 KB, 9894 views)