Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Need Assistance with Center Column (Middle) and Right Sidebar with Print CSS

Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:07 AM
mandolin

3 posts · Jul 2010
Hello,

I really like the Atahualpa theme and am looking to adopt it for my website. However, I am trying to set the css for printing my newsletters and it is not working. I followed some advice in the forums for adjusting the css in the css.php file and have tried to adjust the theme settings to see if it makes a difference, but to no avail.

Here is the page I am experimenting with:

http://www.long-riders.org/wordpress...10-newsletter/

I am using WP 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.5.1.

I have successfully done it with another section of my website (Scenarios), so I do not want to insert it into the theme options "HTML/CSS" section if I can avoid it. I added a function to the functions.php to check for the page and load the appropriate javascript extensions and css for display and print and it is working as I can see changes as I tweak my css file.

Here is my CSS code for Firefox and Internet Explorer:
Attachment 597

I want to hide the left sidebar with the print button (old code I used to try and get this thing to print), category list, and archive. I want the right sidebar to display without the calendar portion (event list is needed) and I do not want the footer. Also, I have a custom header that I need to display instead of the graphic on the website.

Firefox is close. The left sidebar is not displaying nor is the footer (good). However, the middle column with 2 columns is extremely small and the right sidebar is a little bit too big. Also, the custom header (td.maaheader and div#prt-title) is not displaying.

Internet Explorer is showing the left sidebar and I cannot get it into 3 columns (2 from the middle and the right sidebar). It is also showing the footer and all text is centered, but should be aligned left. Last, the second portion of my special header is showing, not the first (td.maaheader).

Ideally, I would like both browsers (others in the future) to show the middle column around 78% (with 2 columns inside at approximately 36% each) and the right sidebar at 22%.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 01:02 PM
mandolin

3 posts · Jul 2010
I joined as a gold member because I really like this theme. I checked the gold forums, but unfortunately, there is nothing special about printing or CSS available in those posts.

Anyone have any suggestions?