Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] 3.51 Blog Title & Tagline Wrapped at 140px

Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:51 AM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
I've searched the forum. I've looked at some posts with similar questions, but they didn't have answers.

Site: http://www.websites10dollars.net/

I don't want to use a graphic header, and I've fiddled with all the settings that seem likely to affect the width of the title and tagline space, but it's still wrapping at about 140px, like the default arrangement.

Lane
Old Jun 25, 2010, 02:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well it looks like you are using one of the new 'styles' , Since it seems like you are just starting, why not try one of the others or use the gray 'Reset ALL theme options' to start with a fresh look
Old Jun 25, 2010, 04:58 PM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
Go to "Style and Edit Header Area" and then look for the "Blog Title" box.

In it, you should find this:
margin-right: 740px;

Just reduce the right margin or remove that line
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I also think you ought to buy the domain websites50dollars.net (it is available) as I think you are under selling yourself at $10. People are also going to expect way too much for ten bucks. I hope you don't mind be throwing my thoughts out but I've been there.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 07:45 PM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I would really like to learn how to make this theme do what I want. I've created a few sites with it and have been pleased.

Regretfully, all that was in the Blog Title box was: margin: 0;
So I'm still stuck. Maybe I'll go back to 3.4 although I was hoping to stick with just one version.

Yes, I know my prices are ridiculous. But I want to build some websites for folks. I've done a few, and if I get too busy I'll raise my prices. I don't know if you noticed, but $10 is more the unit price than the "whole thing":
If all you need is for the website to be installed, $10 is all it will cost you.

If you need more than that, add $10 for each of these things you need:

A domain name = $10/year.
Hosting = $10/month
Content = $10/article
Promotion = $10/type

So, you do what you can do or have time to do, and I’ll do the rest!
Lane
Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you only was one line in the blog title box you probably have a plugin conflict. Take a look in CSS Inserts. If you only see one line there that would be a confirmation of an issue. Try deactivating your plugins and see if there is more in the blog title box. I just installed that theme style and the margin that rosetrees mentioned is indeed the culprit.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:24 AM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
OK, the problem is solved and you guys were right. The problem was the field was only showing the "margin: 0;" line, although there were more lines below it and not showing up. For some reason this morning the field was deeper and all the lines were visible, including

margin-right: 740px;

This failure to show everything may be a server issue rather than a theme issue. When I make changes in the WordPress admin area I often get a 404 error and have to refresh. And often the post and page lists do not display completely until refreshed, sometimes more than once.

I've been with this hosting company for years with satisfaction, but this problem started showing up some months ago.

Thanks for your patience!

Lane