Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Show Blog Tagline "Yes"/"No" not working?

Old Jun 20, 2010, 02:20 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
[SOLVED] Show Blog Tagline "Yes"/"No" not working?

I'm running the newest ATA 3.5.1 on WordPress 3.0.

In ATA Options "Style & edit HEADER AREA" no matter whether I select "No" or "Yes" for Show Blog Tagline the tagline ALWAYS shows.

here's my testsite
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
odd, i works for me. Do this, go to ATO->Export/Import and EXPORT the style and send it to me so I can see if it happens here.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:18 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
odd, i works for me. Do this, go to ATO->Export/Import and EXPORT the style and send it to me so I can see if it happens here.

...any caching plugin turned on by any chance?
Hey JDad! The Forum email system didn't seem to permit attachments so I've uploaded the EXPORT file "ata-wwwshepherdjimcom-20100621.txt"

I did have plugin W3 Total Cache installed, but have deactivated it and the tagline is still appearing in the header despite my setting "Show tagline" to "No".
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Jim, have you been changing
ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Tagline? or
ATO->Header Image->Overlay Blog TAGLINE over Header Image(s)?

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 21, 2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Good call Paul. I just tested and if "ATO>Header Image>Overlay blog tagline over images" is set to yes it won't matter how "ATO>Style & Edit HEADER AREA>Show blog tagline" is set. The tagline always shows.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That's because the one controls if it shows in the LOGO area, the other controls if it shows over the IMAGE (and I stumbled over this a long time ago and I think it added a few grey hairs to my scalp)
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's an odd one Jim... That function works fine on my 3.5.1/WP3 sites. Plugin conflict perhaps?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
any caching plugin trned on by any chance?