Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Shorten header image length

Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:21 PM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
I would like to have a column / widget on one side of the header image. Kind of like this site:
http://www.rentnational.com/
Is this possible?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just add a widget area to the Configure Header Area box with the width of the right widget area set to the width of the right side bar. Then put your header image in the left widget area. For syntax look at the Add New WIDGET AREAS section of Atahualpa.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 02:54 PM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Thanks, I am almost there (I think). I can't figure out how to get a "block" to the right of the header image.

%logo %pages %bar1 %image <?php bfa_widget_area('name=My widget area&cells=2&align=1&align_2=1&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

Here's the test site:
http://www.mjrgrp.com/demo/atec/

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Okay, I think I can do this with the Frontpage Slideshow plugin.

Last edited by kal; Apr 11, 2010 at 05:32 PM.