Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Impractically long submenu - need suggestions...

Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:21 PM
LilyBurbank

8 posts · Aug 2010
Wordpress 3.3.1, Atahualpa 3.7.3
Site: http://www.greatlakesvesselhistory.com

I'm looking for a suggestion for making the drop-down menu more usable. My elderly uncle has amassed around 2,000 ship histories and I've arranged them alphabetically by giving them each a parent of whatever their name begins with, but short of breaking down the alphabet into smaller chunks (AA-AE, AF-AM, etc...), is there another way to view a list of all the ships that start with a particular letter?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The first thing that comes to mind is a page for each letter that has links to all the boats in several columns. Then when you click on the home page menu you would just select a letter.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:31 PM
LilyBurbank

8 posts · Aug 2010
I've thought of doing that, but I was looking for a possible way to show more of the menu from the top dropdown - maybe displaying columns 3 or 4 wide?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Take a look at UberMenu from Code Canyon. There are a bunch of possible configurations that may work for you such as the MegaMenu.