Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Tribe Events Calendar plugin - Changes a:active link color in site navigation bar

Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:13 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Have installed the Tribe Events Calendar plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ents-calendar/) with Atahualpa 3.7.10 and Wordpress 3.5.1.

It's working fine, except that the plugin seems to have overridden the Atahualpa code for the top header page navigation menu -- on the Calendar pages only.

On the Calendar page (and all subpages created by the Events Calendar plugin), the page menu link correctly displays the a:link color, and the a:hover color I had selected, but not the a:active color (which should stay the a:hover color when active).

When you click on the Calendar link in the top menu bar (so that it is in a: active status), it does not stay the hover color, as it should, but reverts to the a:link color.

I have tried every CSS alternative I can find to fix this, with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated!!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is your url?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
I just sent you a private message with the URL.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is a plugin issue and you will need to talk to the plugin author. If you swap to twenty-eleven you will see the same problem.

The issue is they don't add the class 'current-menu-item' and 'current_page_item' to the <li> for the calendar. But if you follow their directions, they do add those classes if you add an event to the menu. and to make it stranger, if you create a page with the slug of the calendar and add it to the custom menu with the event in the same menu, when you go to the event both the calendar and event menu items get the classes and get high-lighted.

It's is their bug.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:00 AM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you very much, Juggledad, for getting to the bottom of this!

Very helpful answer! I will contact the plugin author.

Many thanks!!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 03:48 AM
capelady

50 posts · Mar 2010
I know it's not a theme issue, but if the member who posted this was able to resolve it, I would love to know how, as I am having the same issue, and have not found the solution yet. If it's not allowed to post it here because it's not a theme issue, could he/she message me? Thanks.