Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How do I overlay J-Shortcodes in the header image?

Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:14 AM
dutchess

18 posts · Jan 2011
[SOLVED] How do I overlay J-Shortcodes in the header image?

Hi, I have been playing around with the ATA>Header Image>Overlay Header Image section, and cannot insert J-shortcodes. I would like to create a call to action button in the header area.

Is this possible? I am able to make html edits (bolding, italicizing, etc) successfully in that overlay area.

I am on Wordpress 3.1.2
Atahualpa 3.6.4

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can add HTLM or some PHP to that area - shortcodes are a different matter and are not processed. The plugin that uses the shortcode would somehow have to hook into the theme code and I'm not sure if that is even possible.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:01 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is the convoluted solution which I seem to be good at.
  • Add new widget area in the Configure Header Area box before %image
  • Install the Spectacu.la Page Widget
  • Add the shortcode to a page
  • Use that page as a widget in the previously created widget area
  • Position with CSS as necessary
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:20 AM
dutchess

18 posts · Jan 2011
Hi Larry, I tried using the spectacu.la plugin, but couldn't get it to look right.

The plugin/header widget created the order button, but it took up a lot of space and shifted the header down. Is there a way to make the rest of the widget area transparent so that it doesn't move the header? I want to have only the order button shown.

And what did you mean by "position with CSS as necessary" ? Where would I insert css? In the Configure Header Area?

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Put the CSS in the. Ato->Add HTML/CSS Inderts->CSS Inserts
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This gets into CSS which is where I use Firebug to determine selectors and then apply the CSS necessary to move the item where I want. Familiarity with CSS comes into play.

Another solution would be to use the html code for a button and wrap that in a div or span and position with CSS.