Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Display full post instead of excerpt -need a little more help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:21 PM
RobinDenning

12 posts · Dec 2012
[SOLVED] Display full post instead of excerpt -need a little more help

As was discussed in a few previous threads, the post excerpt is controlled by
<?php bfa_excerpt(); ?>
[Default. Same as <?php bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ); ?>]

and I changed that in my postformat.php Sub Template to:
<?php get_content(); ?>

Unfortunately, it does not completely solve the problem. I am working on a localhost before introducing changes to my my live site at http://alittlesewing.com.

edited to add: it looks like there is a limit to how many images I can upload.
The next step I took was to remove this line from postformat.php:
<?php bfa_thumb( 620, 180, true, '<div class="thumb-shadow"><div class="post-thumb">', '</div></div>' ); ?>

and that removed the thumbnail from displaying.
At that point the blog is displaying the correct date with the title of the post, but no content is shown.

I have looked all through the information in the Montezuma Options, including the Limited PHP code.
Unless you have a specific recommendation, it seems my next step is to learn how to create a child page? What am I missing.
Thanks so much for guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1362
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	2164  Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1324
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	2165  

Last edited by RobinDenning; Jan 5, 2013 at 01:09 PM.