Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] If you are having problems with 3.4.9

Old May 20, 2010, 06:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Caro, you need to hit save for each of the Atahualpa pages - go back and read post #1 of this thread
Old May 20, 2010, 12:59 PM
kpkes@yahoo.com

24 posts · Feb 2010
I went through the upgrade 3 times. Old version: 3.4.6.
Consistently, the blog came up white with text only, no posts/pages.

Also consistently, going through all ATO panels and saving each page made the blog come to life.

So it looks like the 'Activate Theme' doesn't do its job, i.e. loading the new features in the DB.
Old May 20, 2010, 01:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
kpkes@yahoo.com
when you say you went thru the upgrade three times, how did you do it? i.e. what steps did you take, did you go in and delete the bfa_ata4... record from the database?
Old May 20, 2010, 01:40 PM
kpkes@yahoo.com

24 posts · Feb 2010
Hi Juggledad,

No in none of the installations I deleted the bfa_ata4 record.
By now I have done 5 installations including one from version 3.4.5: this one I decided to upgrade automatically throught the Theme panel in the dashboard.
All others I uploaded the atahualpa theme in a new directory, e.g. atahualpa349 and activated this version through the Theme panel.
Then I had to go through SAVE all options in all ATO screens to get the blog to live again. I can't really say which save had most impact, I just went through all of them.

I also did a 'clean' install and the new look/feel looks nice,with all the rounded boxes.
What puzzles me, if I do a reset of all options, these new settings don't get activated ?

Peter

Last edited by kpkes@yahoo.com; May 20, 2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: my name
Old May 21, 2010, 05:38 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Some extra information, which is useful perhaps:

Yesterday I tested a fresh Atahualpa theme on a plugin-less and fresh WordPress installation on a new hostingaccount. At first, there was no CSS and the only thing that worked was a "reset all theme options" . But after that, everything worked fine.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:40 AM
threedogmoon

28 posts · May 2010
NYC
Whoa!!!! Thanks Carlo for this piece:

Quote:
I found a solution to this thing: if you hit the save button at the bottom of the RSS configuration page of Atahualpa, it loads the CSS without problems and the site looks like it should.
That DID NOT work for me, but it got me to next try clicking save on the "Configure CSS and JS" Page ....and that alone WORKED! I did not delete any DB values at all as mentioned above.

Background Info:
I was upgrading from 3.4.6
I tried 3.4.7, 3.4.8, and 3.4.9 and none of the styling info came through (was looking at a white BG with no styling)
I am on a properly configured Linux Server.

I have 2 sites using this great theme, I hope this thing never dies and I actually think it should be merged with wordpress and included by default. I have yet to find such controllable performance in any other theme.

If curious, my Atahualpa sites are http://www.blackpawphoto.com and http://www.pupsdaily.com.

Thanks to all that posted on this thread.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:50 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
This should help Flynn figure out the problem, if saving just about anything makes the thing work. In my case, I imported the ata-round.txt file and saved it, and that made everything else work.

I agree with you about Atahualpa being sucked into the core of WP. It's much better than TwentyTen, the new default theme packaged with WP 3.0. Flynn would have have to make it natively work with the new custom menus, and maybe there are other hooks he'd need to add.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:13 AM
threedogmoon

28 posts · May 2010
NYC
After further looking around...I found that one other issue. The 3.4.9 theme did not adapt all of my custom styling from 3.4.6.

For example, I edited borders and spacing on the Next/Previous Navigation page -- and my changes had to be re-entered. This is probably because this control section is new compared to 3.4.6.

I also had to re-config the excerpts settings. Nothing is a big deal, just posting in case it helps.

This is all I have found so far.
Old May 21, 2010, 02:48 PM
tetonbabe

2 posts · May 2010
I just installed wordpress 2.9.2 and atahualpa 3.4.9. Many of the Atahualpa Theme Options (ATO) settings do not have their default values. For example, ATO->Add HTML/CSS inserts is supposed to have blank CSS inserts. Instead, there are several lines of CSS code, beginning:
Code:
td#header { 
padding-bottom: 15px; 
}
/* removing the padding here and putting them on the sidebars instead. That way the middle column aligns nicely with the header when there are no sidebars */
td#middle {
padding: 0;
}
Reset ALL Theme Options does not fix the problem; however Reset Settings for the current page does fix the problem on the current page.

I suppose the work-around is to ResetSettings for each ATO page.
Old May 22, 2010, 03:01 AM
yumiko7

8 posts · Apr 2009
Hi everyone,

I installed 3.4.8 to a brand-new domain a few days ago, got into a problem, asked the host - TMD hosting - to do a clean installation, and they installed 3.4.9.
Everything looks great, except I have a few - hopefully minor - appearance issues.

1. Dark gray horizontal bars of 4 or 5 px height are showing above and below the header image. They are outside of the header image height. Header configuration is "%image %pages" only. I tried horizontal Bar styling blank, and "height: 0;"

2. The page menu items have rounded top corners. I want them square.

3. I do not want a space between page menu bar and content area below.

Please advise.
My site is http://naminoriita.com

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old May 22, 2010, 07:20 AM
tetonbabe

2 posts · May 2010
Yumiko7 - Try going to Appearance -> Atahualpa Theme Options -> Various Content Items -> Add HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts. The default value is blank. Reset it to blank, or make sure it includes only your own code.
Old May 22, 2010, 07:48 PM
Ritergal

15 posts · May 2010
I just did a clean install of Wordpress 2.9.2, then did a clean install of Atahualpa 3.4.9. Although all the folders and files seem to be there, I've never seen anything not work so completely. The only thing visible on a blank white page is this line: