Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Paragraphs drop out of blockquotes on post pages

Old Jun 6, 2009, 04:12 AM
deucegeary

2 posts · Jun 2009
I LOVE this theme, and would gladly donate, except for a bug I just discovered after about two weeks of using the theme.

The bug is this: If a blockquote includes paragraph breaks, then only the first paragraph is included in the blockquote on the post page. In other words, the blockquote looks fine on the home page, but on the post page the blockquote is incomplete and everything except the first paragraph drops into the text of the post.

For an example, go to my homepage and scroll down to the post titled "Common sense on the Obamas' Broadway outing dated May 31, 2009. Note that the blockquote has two paragraphs.

Then click on the post title to go to the post page and you'll see that the blockquote only has the first paragraph and the second follows the blockquote as part of the post text.

This is a dangerous bug because it could look like I am plagiarizing someone else's writing when the problem is really just that the blockquote function is not working right.

Is there a way to fix this? I need to abandon the theme if this cannot be fixed.

Thanks,

Deuce Geary
Old Jun 6, 2009, 05:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Deuce

the problem is being caused by the 'sphereit' plugin that you are using. It is breaking the paragraphs into seperate <DIV>'s so they can each be quoted and this is intefering with the blockquotes.

Please to a quick test. Swap to the default theme and see if the same problem occurs.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 01:36 PM
deucegeary

2 posts · Jun 2009
Turning off the Sphere plug-in didn't work, but turning off ALL plug-ins (except my spam filter) did. Thank you! Now I can turn them back on one by one and monitor the blockquotes. Thank you so much!

UPDATE: going through the plug-ins 1 by 1, I discovered it was not the Sphere plug-in, but a plug-in called "ClickQuote"

Last edited by deucegeary; Jun 6, 2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Updated report on fix