Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa and WP Tweet Button and wp-print and wp-email

Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:19 AM
Alcatraz

10 posts · Nov 2010
Atahualpa and WP Tweet Button and wp-print and wp-email

Hi

This is a bit of a cross plugin issue and I think it relates more to your theme than the plugins mentioned, so here goes...

I am trying to achieve the following, I have a wp tweet button at the top of each post and the text in the post wraps around the tweet button. I don't have an issue with that so much, I can live with that. My issue is that I cannot find where the wp tweet button is placing its self in the Atahualpa theme when I allow it to automatically appear above all posts.

As a result I am unable to append either a [donotprint] or [donotemail] tag around the inserted code. I have tried to manually add the tweet button to each post which is fine for the post itself, and am able to wrap the code in the [donotprint] tags, but on category view or main blog view the excerpts just show the code [tweetbutton] rather than the button. Even when the excerpts check box is checked. I need to actually find out where the wp tweet button is attaching the code in your theme so I can wrap it in the [donot] tags at source.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:59 AM
Alcatraz

10 posts · Nov 2010
Ok with reference to the post you pointed me too...

1 - LOOK THRU THE FORUMS! 80-90% of the questions anyone is going to ask have already been asked, and the answer is in the forums. So do your due dilligance and search and read the forums for the answer and to learn.

I spent hours looking through the forums before posting my problem, I always do.

2 - LOOK THRU THE OPTIONS. There are lots of options so do some homework and read thru all the options so you will no what is available to you. There is nothing worst than someone who doesn't think they should look for an answer but wants one handed to them.

Again I spent a long time playing with this before posting requesting assistance

3 - Experiment a little. If you can't figure out how to do something, you will be surprised how easy it is to experiment.

As previous answer, spent a long time playing with experimenting different options before I posted on the forum asking for assistance.

4 - Disable all your plugins - since plug-ins are written by different people, using different coding standards, and there are thousands of plug-ins, inevitably there are going to be conflicts. Conflicts between plug-ins, conflicts between a plug-in and a theme, conflicts between plug-ins and WordPress (there are/were several plug-ins conflicts with WP 3.0 when it first came out. The plug-ins cause sites not to work at all). So disable your plug-ins and see it that resolves the issue.

Yes tried that

5 - Learn some CSS - there are great references on the Internet to help. I am constantly going to http://www.w3schools.com/css to check on syntax and test things out.

I am aware of CSS structures and can alter CSS, that isn't the issue I posted about

6 - Provide the version number of Atahualpa and WP you are running - saying 'I'm using the latest version' is useless, what if a new vrsion came out earlier today or you only think you are using the latest version. Besides, six months from now that statement won't help someone else looking for an answer.

Yes sorry I am using Atahualpa 3.5.3

7 - Provide the URL! - if there is a problem on a particular page - name the page!!

I would rather not provide a URL as my website is under construction

8 - be descriptive - if you have a problem with a widget, don't say ' one of my widgets doesn't work' or 'I want to change the title of a widget to blue' - doing this may get you the code to change the wrong one. - Better to say, I have the PAGES widget in the inner right sidebar and I want to change the title to blue, what do I do?' (Of course you will never ask this question because you will have already searched the forums and found the answer already - I was just using this as an example)

I was descriptive as I possibly could be, if you would like me to expand on certain things I would be happy to explain anything else.

If you do all these things, you will learn and probably solve your own problem and get an answer much more quickly.

I only posted this in the hope that someone could help me out, if its too much trouble that's fine, but just directing me a post explaining the obvious do's and don'ts about forum posting is pretty useless to be honest. Thanks anyway