Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Keep rotating Header Image on Home Page and Different header image on each p

Old Feb 9, 2010, 04:39 PM
clausont

3 posts · Feb 2010
Not sure if I should have started a new thread on this or put this in the other thread.
I want to keep the rotating header images in the home page but use a different static image for each page after that. Does Dynamic Headers do this? If not, is there a way to do this?
Thanks,

Tim
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:00 PM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
Hi Tim, I'm wanting to do the same thing and wondered if you got this resolved? I have been able to show the dynamic header on each page but instead of replacing Atahualpa's heading I end up with two headings, any ideas?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
here is what you need to do.
1) create a folder in 'wordpress/wp-content' called 'hdr_images' (actually you can call it what ever you want)
2) find the PAGE ID for each page (go to dashboard->pages->edit and edit a page in question. Look at the browser's address bar, you will see something like
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=2
the number at the end is the PAGE ID
3) add a CSS insert for each page. The format will be like this
HTML Code:
body.page-id-2 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url('http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/hdr_images/page_2.jpg') !important;
}
create a CSS insert for each page you want a single image to show up on.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 4, 2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:31 PM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
Hi Juggledad, thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested but it didn't make any difference. for now I have just disabled the Atahualpa rotating header and made every page static with their own header. However, if I could figure it out I would like to be able to have the home page with the rotating header but can't seem to find my answer reading through the other threads.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 06:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
kesbo, this should work, I tested it before I posted.
What version of Atahualpa and wp?
What is your url?
Please put it back in and I'll take a look
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:04 AM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
I am using Atahualpa version 3.4.5 and Wordpress 2.9.2 my URL is www.homesinharmony.co.nz. thank you very much for your help, Kesbo
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hi, it doesn't look like you put the CSS back in or even have %image as part of the header configuration.

Without the rotating header set yup, and the CSS inserted, there is nothing I can look or do to help you.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 08:10 AM
alleyoopster

27 posts · Mar 2010
Hi,
I am also looking to have rotating images ONLY on the home page. I tried using the CSS insert for something other than the home page, but it just adds another image underneath the rotating image.

For this to be effective the Home page needs to keep the existing rotation and the other pages need to be customizable (no image or custom image).

Sorry to post in an old thread, but it seems to still be relevant. I couldn't find a solution elsewhere.

Daniel
Old Jan 6, 2011, 08:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
need more info
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:55 AM
alleyoopster

27 posts · Mar 2010
Hi juggledad,

From what I understand the solution you provided post #3 will put a single header image on a page, but it will not disable the original rotating header image.

What I was looking for was a way to have the rotating header image just on the home page and maybe the option to have a single image on other pages or no image at all.

thanks

Daniel
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:05 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Does the image ha to be on the same domain or is it okay to be located anywhere as long as the full url path is provided
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:04 PM
alleyoopster

27 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober
Does the image ha to be on the same domain or is it okay to be located anywhere as long as the full url path is provided
This link goes some way to helping. Looking at the code it seems possible to use a full URL to an external domain instead.

With regards to my own problem of not displaying headers on all pages I found the answer. In CSS inserts as follows to disable headers on certain pages.
Code:
/* Stop Header Images displaying on certain pages */
body.page-id-5 div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-13 div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
EDIT: The link above led me to this one

Last edited by alleyoopster; Jan 17, 2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: adding link
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:25 AM
inkan

22 posts · Dec 2009
Jönköping, Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to inkan
This works like a charm! Thanks!!
/Inkan
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:07 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
here is what you need to do.
1) create a folder in 'wordpress/wp-content' called 'hdr_images' (actually you can call it what ever you want)
2) find the PAGE ID for each page (go to dashboard->pages->edit and edit a page in question. Look at the browser's address bar, you will see something like
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=2
the number at teh end is the PAGE ID
3) add a CSS insert for each page. The format will be like this
HTML Code:
background-image: url('http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/hdr_images/page_2.jpg') !important;
}
create a CSS insert for each page you want a single image to show up on.
Is there a way to use this concept relative to a category page? I tried the above string, replacing the beginning portion as follows:

body.page-id-2 with
body.cat-id-3 (and then)
body.category-id-3

neither category version worked, but I figured there had to be a way to achieve this in a similar manner. Thoughts, and thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the format would be 'body.category-announce'

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 2, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:13 PM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
I'm off somewhere. I tried placing each of the following strings below in the CSS insert section of my ATO, but neither changed the banner image on that category page. And, Yes - that is the correct category ID# and jpg file location. WP is install on the root of my server.

Code:
body.category-id-3 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url('http://vcopia.com/wp-content/rainbowalerts/banner_1300w160h_rainbowalerts.jpg') !important;
}
When above didn't work I thought maybe I misunderstood your use of the word 'announce' as a "direction" to me to "announce" what the ID was, and tried it as a literal part of the string.

Code:
body.category-announce-id-3 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url('http://vcopia.com/wp-content/rainbowalerts/banner_1300w160h_rainbowalerts.jpg') !important;
}
Thoughts?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sorry, i should have said "if your category name was 'announce' then it woipuld be....."

So the format is Body.category-yourcategoryname

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 3, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:55 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Success!

Much appreciation!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:03 PM
Jedha

14 posts · Sep 2010
Hi There,
I need some help. I want to have the rotating header (%image) on my home page only, with static header images on all other pages. I tried using the formatting juggledad gave above but it doesn't seem to work?

}

Nothing happens. The rotating images are still on every page with no static images.

Is there something I'm missing?

Jedha

Last edited by Jedha; Feb 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is your url?

did you replace the 'yourdomain.com' with your domain name?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 03:21 PM
elainek

3 posts · Jun 2010
Juggledad and other friends,
Using your good advice on previous threads, I managed to substitute in my own header image for the home page. I now want to post separate headers on other pages, and I've gotten stuck after the step of creating the images folder in the right place. One of my problems is I don't know how to "insert CSS." Another is I don't know how to adapt the instructions when the urls for my pages don't end with a page number. Here's an example of a page url:

http://autismteachingstrategies.com/...38&action=edit

I'm greener at this than others on this chain, so I'm glad for any help you can provide. I'm using a mac and fetch.

many thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 04:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) CSS inserts go in the ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts option
2) that URL is the admin edit, it won't link, but if you look at it you can see the page I'd. In this case it is 38
Old Feb 6, 2011, 01:33 PM
elainek

3 posts · Jun 2010
As yet unsuccessful. I uploaded the image to the folder: public_html > wp-content > hdr_images ... and put this code at the top of all the code in the CSS inserts space:

HTML Code:
body.page-id-47 div#imagecontainer {background-image:url(http://autismteachingstrategies.com/wp-content/hdr_images/conversationtrainheader.jpg’)!important; }
The old header disappeared and I have white space. It's not finding the image?

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 7, 2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
two things, put a space before the !important
2) make sure the image is in that folder and has the right permissions. if I key in
HTML Code:
http://autismteachingstrategies.com/wp-content/hdr_images/conversationtrainheader.jpg
into the address of the browser, it should show the image, it doesn't so either there is a spelling error in the url or the file does not have the correct permission. Check an image in the header folder to see what permission you need.

You can read about file permissions at wordpress.org
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:50 AM
elainek

3 posts · Jun 2010
I had a couple errors, which your advice led me to fix, Juggledad:

1. the names of my header images had some uppercase letters, and I hadn't realized the code was case sensitive.
2. I didn't have a space before !important.

3. and this one took me a while to figure out by trial and error: The string of code didn't work when I copy/pasted it from a word doc into the CSS space. I eventually realized I had to write the string of code in a htm box and copy that into the CSS space.

Thanks for the guidance. AutismTeachingStrategies is grateful.