Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

min limit for fluid pages not working, ipad problems

Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:01 PM
changostraw

3 posts · Jun 2012
I have a site set for fluid at 99%
max is set at 1440 - the size of the background image
min is set for 770
However the min does not work at all - the page keeps resizing and shifting.
How do I get it to stop shifting the columns at a certain width so that they don't collapse over each other?
please see http://whimworks.ca/blog/

Also on an ipad posts appear differently than pages, does anyone know why this would be?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Based on the size of you image and sidebar you would need to set the minimum to about 985px to prevent overlap. I prefer static width sites allow for more precise placement of components.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:58 PM
changostraw

3 posts · Jun 2012
Hi thanks for your response.
That's the thing I have tried setting it at very large numbers. I had it set at 1250px min and it still keeps resizing all the way down way past 770, way past 600 px actually - I thought maybe the min can't be that big for some reason so tried the default suggestion 770 - and it still did not work. It seems to do that with all the browsers I have access to (mac) except the ipad - which does a weird thing of displaying the pages (about, gallery etc.) all zoomed in and the posts (blog) zoomed out with the right sidebar right margin way larger than I set it.

I guess I will have to go with a static width - it's just nice to do fluid widths when you have a large background image..does anyone else have any suggestions about how to get the min to work better? thanks
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:20 PM
changostraw

3 posts · Jun 2012
Nevermind - it is working properly now. Not sure what I changed but when I set the min again back to 1000 it worked.

it's still displaying differently on ipad safari tho - very strange.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
a quick look shows that the home page looks the same to me in Safari and my iPad.