Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Need help with column widths

Old Apr 5, 2013, 02:24 PM
mypitsthelife

3 posts · Apr 2013
Hello,

I had some basic understanding of css but I am having a hard time figuring out how to widen the main content area and push the sidebar further over getting rid of the white space to the right of it.

http://www.ambassadorpitbullrescue.org/

I read the section on custom columns in Montezuma css options but I don't know where exactly to place those codes. I tried using the set options for instance responsive 100% vs Responsive 980px but thats not giving me the affect I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Setting to 100% works fine for me.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you modified teh virtual templates by any chance?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 05:51 PM
mypitsthelife

3 posts · Apr 2013
No, I haven't modified the virtual templates - unless those are the ones that are loaded in the main template and sub template section of Montazuma settings, then yes I have done some modification.

When I set it to 100% the sidebar becomes wider in order to reach the end of the right side and then any content in the main area starts just touches the left side of the page (like there are no margins)
Old Apr 5, 2013, 06:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have to remember that the idea of a responsive theme is that it will resize as you change the window viewport. The theme breaks the viewport into 12 columns (with margins if you select them).
and the columns will be porportinal to the width of the viewport. Make the window smaler and each of the columns gets smaller.

It looks like you have changed to 100% with the 0.8% margin and it is doing what it should. Try add some text to your post or pages to see how it looks.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 06:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you have 100% width the right sidebar will resize as a percentage of the total so unless you have enough content it may not reach the side of the screen. To test just put a text widget with a whole bunch of text in it. This is a responsive theme so what is the purpose of giving it a 100% width? 100% width sites don't look good on my 24 inch monitor.