Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Database performance issue with 3.7.23

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 21, 2015, 07:23 AM
foschizzle

2 posts · Dec 2013
Database performance issue with 3.7.23

I've noticed that Atahualpa performs a ~20k SQL update of wp_options where name='bfa_ata4' on a large percentage of uncached page views. This causes a large amount of unnecessary Mysql write activity and can be a large drain on performance - impacting not just the page view but the entire server.

It appears to just be making the same change back and forth:

h_blogtitle;i:1 to h_blogtitle;i,2 and h_posttitle;i:1 to h_posttitle;i:2

the next update then reverses it.

It would seem that it may be the code in bfa_get_options.php around line 506:

if ( $bfa_ata['h1_on_single_pages'] == "Yes" AND ( is_single() OR is_page() ) ) {
$bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] = 2; $bfa_ata['h_posttitle'] = 1;
} else {
$bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] = 1; $bfa_ata['h_posttitle'] = 2;
}

Thanks for looking at this.