Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Transparent Center Area

Old Nov 26, 2014, 09:47 PM
jkkmclaughlin

2 posts · Nov 2014
Transparent Center Area

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get the center area of my page to have a slight transparency so the background image will show through, I don't want the header or footer to be transparent. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I can make the whole page transparent but that's no help unfortunately. I'm trying to find out the right html tag so I can put it in "add html/css inserts" You can see my site at: campgilwell.ca

Kindest Regards
Old Nov 27, 2014, 07:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you tried the rgba syntax for opacity of background color?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:12 AM
cefiar

24 posts · Jun 2014
Melbourne, Australia
You might find that the easiest way is to set the whole page to transparent, then setting a solid color for the header/footer.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you add
HTML Code:
opacity: 0.4;
to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUM->Center column style - the background will show thru
BUT that will cause all it's children to have the same opacity as well. (the posts).
You could set the center column background-color transparent then style the post container opaque (ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->POST Container) and see if that satisfies your needs - but again everything contained in the post container will be semi-transparent too.

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 28, 2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:10 PM
jkkmclaughlin

2 posts · Nov 2014
I tried adding in opacity in the center column style but the background is still white.