Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Applying CSS to new widgets - Atahualpa 3.7.7

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:49 AM
wmike1503

10 posts · Feb 2010
Applying CSS to new widgets - Atahualpa 3.7.7

Hi all,

I've added the following to my footer:

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=footer_widget&cells=2&align= 1&align_2=9&align_3=7&width_4=700&before_widget=<d iv id="%1$s" class="footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

This displays the new widget where I want it, I think

I would like to style this with CSS. I have tried the following (in CSS inserts):

.footer-widget {
background: #ffffff;
width:100%;
}

This has no impact at all.

I have also tried putting CSS into the widgets content area in the theme backend. This also does nothing.

I am, clearly, doing this wrong.

I would prefer to style just the individual widget, and not all of them.

Any suggestion very welcome.

cheers,

Mike