Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Problems configuring comments

Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:15 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
[SOLVED] Problems configuring comments

I'm trying to configure changes to the Comment box (the box that contains a comment) and the Comments Above box (the one liner box that says "x comments to "comment name").

Many of the configuration options for comments don't seem to work. Here are a couple examples:
  1. Changing the color in <<Comments / Style and configure Comments / Regular comment background color>> has no effect. The background color of the Comment box does not change. It is now set to light blue (e8e9f4) and it is beige (eeeae1) in the blog page. See link below.
  2. Changes to <<Center column / Next-Previous navigation / Style the Comments Above box>> have no effect. The background color is also set to light blue and it is white in the blog page.
URL of the blog (work in progress): http://julesgobeil.com/wordpress/

Is there a switch or another configuration option that blocks these changes ?

Using Wordpress 321 - Atahualpa 367 - ata-round theme - Windows 7 - Firefox 602

Thanks for your help
Jules
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) if you look at the CSS Inserts - towards the end - you will see some CSS that is overriding the previous settings
HTML Code:
ul.commentlist li.thread-odd, ul.commentlist li.thread-even {
margin: 5px 0;
padding: 10px;
background: #fff;
-moz-border-radius:10px;
-khtml-border-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-radius:10px;
border-radius: 10px;
border: solid 1px #e5e5e5;
}
get rid of the 'background: #fff;'

2) check the other settings in the CSS Inserts. Remember that an element that sits on another element will cover the bottom element. If you style the center area blue and then make the post container (which sits ion the center area) green, you won't see the blue since it will be covered.

try this, copy the contents of the CSS Inserts and save it in a text file (so you can go back to it.) now delete the contents of the CSS inserts and see if your changes are happening.

experiment a little and you might learn a lot.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:22 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks juggledad !

Exactly the info I was looking for. It solved my problem immediately.

I have personnalised the theme quite a lot and my expertise is not that great... so I get stuck sometimes.

Many thanks for your help.

Jules

Case closed.