Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Adding php in a text widget?

Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:27 PM
trinity

2 posts · Jun 2009
Hi,

Forum noob, theme noob.

I was previously using the Democracy poll with another theme.

I did that by adding the following line to my sidebar:

<?php jal_democracy() ?>

I tried adding it to the Atahulapa sidebar by adding it as a text widget. Nothing shows up.

Is it possible for me to use that poll with this theme?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out the 'exec-php' plugin
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:44 AM
trinity

2 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks for that suggestion, I wasn't even aware that a plugin like that existed.

I'll check it out. The comments seem to indicate that it won't work in 2.8, but we'll see.