Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Replacing header images with a new mechanism

Old Aug 1, 2009, 09:44 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
I'm trying (with 3.3.3 BTW) to completely replace the Atahualpa header images with a sliding door menu (http://www.phatfusion.net/imagemenu/). I removed %image from ATO->HEADER->Configure Header Area to suppress the normal header image(s) and now want to position the sliding door menu in that same position - i.e., after %logo and above the body of the page.

I can add the HTML code in ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts and the sliding door menu code works, but if I place the requisite code in either BODY tag or BODY top, the menu is placed above the Logo image, not below where the original %image header would have been displayed. Of course, if I place the code in BODY bottom, is appears at the bottom of the page.

As suggested somewhere else here, I tried to paste the HTML code into the ATO->HEADER->Configure Header window after %logo, biut unlike the widows to add HTML/CSS into, this window is restricted to one line, and I suspect very limited space. Although I am only entering 10-12 lines of HTML, it appears to mess up that particular admin function and renders by displaying a trailing fragment of the code I entered instead of displaying the sliding door menu function the code was meant to generate.

Is there any way to place custom (HTML/Javascript) code to be generated below the %logo image in place of the default %image without modifying core files? Finally, however this is done, will it also work when I upgrade to 3.4.... and beyond??

Thanks for any suggestions,
Jack
Old Aug 2, 2009, 05:54 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Update -- the secret is... use Atahualpa 3.4.2!! You can now place HTML/Javascript into the Configure Header Area and re-order how things happen in the header. I have now managed to replace the %image default rotating images with a set of sliding door images that double as navigation links - whew!!

This is a seriously incomplete work in progress - I'll post the URL when it ha a few more bits in place.

Jack
[I guess this query should be marked as solved, but I don't know how to do that!]