Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Other BFA WordPress Themes »

Sidebars messed up in IE6

Old May 14, 2009, 06:35 PM
lian

2 posts · May 2009
Hi all,

I have this site running with Atahualpa theme, and I didn't noticed when you use IE6 and the resolution is 1024x768 or smaller, the sidebars go to the end, after the main content.

This is the site,
http://www455.pair.com/morin/blog/

and attached is a picture of how it looks with IE6.

I'm running Atahualpa 2 with Wordpress 2.6.1. Somebody has an idea of how to fix this problem?

I'll appreciate any response. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sidebarserror.jpg
Views:	2370
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	132  
Old May 14, 2009, 07:36 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This is because something in the sidebar is too wide. Increase the sidebar width or shrink the wide content inside. This is not Atahualpa specific, in a fluid CSS only layout ("Holy Grail") the sidebar will always drop in IE6 if content inside is too wide.

This does not happen in Atahualpa 3 with it's new, rock solid layout technique.

Atahualpa 2 is source ordered (Content in source code above left sidebar content) though, which Atahualpa 3 isn't.

Moving this to the Atahualpa 2 forum
Old May 15, 2009, 11:41 AM
lian

2 posts · May 2009
Thank you for the reply.

Actually I think is not a problem with the layout, yesterday I found the answer and solved the problem by replacing some very long links in the main content area where the entries are.

The long links caused to force the sidebars to move out and because they don't fit anymore in the screen they were moved down after the posts.

That's not happening in IE7 and Mozilla becuase I guess certain rule of wrapping the content accomodates the links properly, and I guess that rule doesn't apply in IE6.

Anyways thanks for the support and if you know how to force to wrap the links in IE6 that would be very helpful, I'm not very used with CSS.

//lian