Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Argh! Kicker Image frustration!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 6, 2012, 09:59 AM
beyondelsewhere

9 posts · Aug 2010
Montreal, Canada
[SOLVED] Argh! Kicker Image frustration!

Hi there!
I am having one of those days where nothing I try is working and I am about to toss my laptop out the window. I am hoping someone can un-confuse me as I think I have just gone back and forth so many times I ended up messing everything up.

I had added a kicker image and fancy-type date over the image to my blog (beyondbooks.ca) last month using the following code in HTML inserts

Quote:
.date {
background: url('http://beyondbooks.ca/photos/bbhalbump.png') repeat-x scroll top left;
display: inline;
float: left;
width:60px;
text-align:center;
color:#000;
font-family:Georgia, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
font-weight:bold;
text-transform: uppercase;
border:0 #fff;
margin: 0 3px 0px 0;
}
.date-inside {
border: 0 #fff;
padding:0;
}
.date .date-day {
font-size:22px;
}
And then in the Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS, I had a DIV code that I accidentally deleted before saving because I am having the WORST DAY! Ugh.

But then I decided I wanted to put my date back where it was on the BYLINE and just keep the image. Only I messed up somehow and I can't seem to keep a static, left-floating image there without the date over top.

I searched the forum and found some related posts, but I can't seem to grasp what I'n reading I guess because I am SO CONFUSED now. The following thread was easier to follow, but I must have messed something up between the html inserts and the POST/PAGE info tab because it's not working. http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...t=kicker+image

What I had was a lovely little 60x60 pixel image behind the post date, which was listed in a box-type format:
Quote:
OCT
I don't want the date boxed like that, or floating to the left side of my post title. I just want an IMAGE floating to the side of my post title and put my date back in the byline.

I have managed to mix myself up so much that I'm totally lost and I have given up and am writing this really embarrassing post in the forums in hopes that someone can help me get back on track.

I need really specific instructions, please. I am pretty sure I will need to flitter between the HTML INSERTS and POST/PAGE INFO menus, right?

Help! Please!

Thanks
Cat