Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Add a language selector (WPML) above Search Box ? how?

Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:25 AM
bender57

16 posts · Apr 2010
France
Add a language selector (WPML) above Search Box ? how?

Hi everybody!

I'm desperately looking for a way to add the language bar from WP Multilanguages ABOVE the standard search box ?

Could someone help me please?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:47 AM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
Also looking for this solution. So far, I have :

Notices you had a thread about WPML integration. I've installed it, and seems to work OK, but now I want to get the language selection flags (now in the footer) above the header image.

I've tried their forums, and have
- included the wpml-integration.php code
- tried adding the function <?php do_action(’icl_language_selector’); ?> via HTML inserts
- also added the "language_selector_flags()" code suggested on their forums

#2 doesn't do anything
#3 works, but doesn't display the flags or any text. (I put an 'echo "abc"' in the language_selector_flags function, so I know the function is being called).

I'm off to dig into their code to the function they use for putting the flag-language line in the footer, but if you have any quick ideas/solutions, they would be appreciated.

Thanks...Rick...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:08 AM
Flavio

5 posts · Jul 2011
Hi

I had a similar problem, but I got a good tip from @juggledad on how to solve it. See here:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...highlight=wpml

I assume it can work for you too (I'm not sure where your "search" is, but you can use exec-php to input the code virtually anywhere...

Hope this helps