Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Do not upgrade dynamic headers - help!

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:39 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Exclamation Do not upgrade dynamic headers - help!

I upgraded to the new Dynamic Headers version on this site:

http://equinecisers.com/wordpress/

and the message I got was the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_media_header() in D:\Hosting\2781642\html\wordpress\wp-content\themes\atahualpa342\header.php on line 49

I tried to delete the plugin (which hadn't even been activated), to no avail. I even tried to restore the old header file. That didn't work either.

So if this happens to anyone, revert to the old version of Dynamic Headers until there's a reply to this post.

Last edited by krystyna; Jul 29, 2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you create the new folder?
Quote:
Important Upgrade Note: If upgrading from Dynamic Headers 2.7 or lower: The image folder has moved. You will need to create the directory /wp-content/header-images/ and make it writable. You will need to backup /wp-content/plugins/dynamic-headers/header-images/ and move your header files to the new directory before upgrading.
What version of Atahualpa?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 01:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Also, what settings did you use?
What's your url?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:51 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Well, now we have a different problem. Using the older version of Dynamic Headers, I was able to place a static JPG header with no problem. Then I placed a SWF on the home page and got the following:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in D:\Hosting\2781642\html\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\dynamic-headers\custom-header.php on line 369

Warning: getimagesize(http://equinecisers.com/wordpress/wp...ges/header.swf) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in D:\Hosting\2781642\html\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\dynamic-headers\custom-header.php on line 369

URL : http://equinecisers.com/wordpress/

Update: I think it's because the /header-images/ folder wasn't chmod 777, so it looks like this site will have to wind up on a unix server. Darn.

Last edited by krystyna; Jul 31, 2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:29 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Nope, the chmod didn't work. It's something in the plugin itself but how to change that .php file to what WILL work, I have no idea.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:50 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
BTW when the previous version of Dynamic Headers (3.1) was paired with Atahualpa 3.3.3, the Flash file worked. When I used it with Atahualpa 3.4.2, I got the error message.