Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Changing Sidebar Configuration...?

Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:15 PM
Taffy

6 posts · Sep 2009
Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Taffy
Hi everyone, & @ Flynn a big thankyou for a great theme.

I have just installed this theme on my website & have spent most of the morning tweaking etc etc.

I have one slight problem however, whilst I managed to find how to get both sidebars on the right, there does not seem to be any option to have the sidebars configured as Top (320px), Left (140px), Right (180px),
Bottom (320px) & obviously all on the righthand side. I have seen this config on another website, but stupid me, did not keep the address. This configuration works really well because all eventuallities are covered with regard to all the different widget sizes that are out there.

Can anyone advise me on how to achieve this or Flynn, if you have the time, give me a price to write the code & as long as you tell me where to put it I can do that much myself hahaha

Regards Taffy

Last edited by Taffy; Sep 13, 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to subscribe
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
I don't quite understand your request
Quote:
sidebars configured as Top (320px), Left (140px), Right (180px),
Bottom (320px)
you can define the width of each seperately, but each one is the height of the content area of the page (think of the page as three rows: Header, Content, Footer) - the sidebars are part of the content area.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:17 AM
Taffy

6 posts · Sep 2009
Philippines
Hi, ok theme version is 3.4.1 ; WP 2.7.1 & PHP 5.2

Right let me explain properly, what I am talking about is a configuration as follows;

Top SB = 320px
Left SB = 140px
Right SB = 180px
Bottom SB = 320px

So if you think of these sidebars which are all on the right hand side, as Top, Inner, Outer, Bottom !

Only Top & Bottom are the full 340px, the inner & outer are sandwiched between Top & bottom and are not the full depth of the page, as they are now.

Does that clarify what I'm talking about...??

Regards Taffy

Last edited by Taffy; Sep 14, 2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: correct mistakes
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you can set the sidebar width of the four sidebars at ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS->LEFT sidebar WIDTH, RIGHT sidebar WIDTH, LEFT INNER sidebar WIDTH and RIGHT INNER sidebar WIDTH
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:19 AM
Taffy

6 posts · Sep 2009
Philippines
Hahaha guess I just aint explaing my self properly

Ok lets say I wish to place a 300 x 250 google ad at the top of my sidebar & on the right of my page. Now yes I know I can set the width of right sidebar to 320px in order to accomodate this advert, but then I have another google advert that is 120 x 600 and I wish to put this in right sidebar inner & an assortment of post related plugins in right sidebar outer (which does not exist). Also if I create "right SB Inner" it is added to the width of Right SB giving a total of 440px.

What I am talking about is a change in configuration so that you have a top sidebar of 320px, which runs down the page for as long as you choose to add widgets to it. But then after adding 2 widgets, I decide I have much smaller widgets and need much narrower sidebars.
So whilst keeping the top sidebar @ 320px , I now would like an inner SB @ 140px & an outer SB @ 180px, the 2 added together exactly equalling the top SB of 320px & only starting from where "Top SB" finished. So my sidebars still do not exceed 340px.

Ok now finally I have run out of the narrow widgets yet I have a 300px widget from mybloglog which I would like to insert ! Obviously it will not fit in either the inner right SB @ 140px or indeed the outer right SB @ 180px, it will fit in the top SB @320px but I already have two large blocks there and adding another would push all the post related widgets too far down the page ! So I need a Bottom SB that is 320px but only continues on from the end of inner right & outer right SB's.

Imagine a large capital "H" laid on it's side, above it would be Top SB @320, below it would be Bottom SB @ 320 & the openings either side would be SB inner @140px & SB outer @ 180px. My total width for sidebars would never be anymore than 320px yet I could accomodate widgets ranging from 120 to 300px without having to waste huge amounts of space.

Jeeze I hope this gets my point over or I may as well right a book on the subject hahaha.

Last edited by Taffy; Sep 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 05:13 PM
darmanpurba@gmail.com

20 posts · Jul 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to darmanpurba@gmail.com
Yes, right now no option for that. Anyway you could use CSS/HTML insert on ATO.
www.darmanpurba.com
Old Sep 20, 2009, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Atahualpa does not have an option to do what you want. However you could change the code to accomplish it.

The page is made up of a bunch of tables with the rows being HEADER, MIDDLE and FOOTER
The Middle is a series of colums sideas and center.

You could make a change to build the stucture you want on top of the sidebars
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:01 PM
CasTex

4 posts · Nov 2009
To be honest, I dont suggest 300 x 250 adsense size. More ads means less pay per click rate . Use 468x60 or 234x60.
Regards

Last edited by CasTex; Nov 6, 2009 at 05:18 PM.