Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Centering Page Menu bar, not having categories appear and page slugs questions

Old Sep 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
cevaya

3 posts · Sep 2009
Hello,
I have looked around in the forum for a while and not able to find the answers.
I am building a website with WP-atahualpa but will not be using it as a blog, so , there may not be posts and comments etc. For this how do is get rid of Categories, Archives, Recent posts etc from the side bars?

If i do plan to keep those things but dont want it to call categories, how do i change that language to something else?

Currently i am doing everything with Pages. However, i am not able to get the easy url for the pages like /about /events etc. I looked in permalinks but not able to set it for pages. I dont have access to .htaccess file. what are my options?

My header image is not rotating even though i enabled it in options.

my site is http://www.championstrophytampa.com/ (still playing around with it) i want the page menu bar items to be centered instead of being on the left side. I will be adding a few more menu items butll would like it centered.
I would appreciate the help.
thank you.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the defaut widgets go away once you add widgets to the sidebars.

your images do rotate on a page refresh. remember it is a random image, so the same image can occur several timmes - if you want the images to rotate after x seconds while looking at a page, you must set the time interval at ATO->Header Image->Rotate header images with Javascript?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:46 PM
cevaya

3 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks JH.
I did set the time interval for the header to rotate and still has not luck it just changes on page reloads only.

Could you also please look at my other questions re: centering page menu bar and having short addresses for pages instead of pageID.

I appreciate the help.
thanks
Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What release of Atahualpa, WP and PHP
there was a problem in 3.4.0 or 3.4.1 with rotating headers, it got dropped. I know it is fixed in 3.4.2