Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

IE9 and Media Queries

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 24, 2013, 01:17 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
IE9 and Media Queries

I usually use Chrome, and occasionally Firefox, as my browsers. A couple of days ago, I updated my site to the latest version of Montezuma (1.1.8, from 1.1.4), and made some additional customizations, and just for kicks, decided to take a look at the site on Internet Explorer. To my surprise, the menu looked out of whack, it was running vertically instead of horizontally, and the rest of the site had the sidebar folded to the bottom, as if the viewport were at a narrower size. Thinking I had done something wrong with my customizations, I tediously undid them one by one, but nothing seemed to work.

I then wondered if it was related to the version of IE that I was using (IE9), or if it was common to multiple versions, so I took a look at the site on my wife's computer, which had IE 10 installed, and to my relief, the site looked normal. After doing some Googling, it seems that IE9 doesn't process media queries properly (or maybe not at all?) when Compatibility View is turned on.

So my question is, isn't the "X-UA-Compatible Meta Tag" in the Montezuma Options > Head > Meta Tags supposed to take care of that? Mine is currently set to the default value. Is there something else that we can do to overcome this deficiency in IE9?