Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Jquery Issue in ATA 3.6.1+

Old Feb 3, 2011, 05:55 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
I ran across something in the newer versions of Atahualpa that caused me some problems. I rearranged the ATA code a bit to get around it, so I'm good, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway. Other people may encounter this, and I'm also open to ideas for fixes that wouldn't involve editing the ATA code.

My site, http://www.bradbrownmagic.com, uses some scripts that rely on Jquery: Cufon and an image rotator. The code is placed in the Header Inserts section. They stopped working when I upgraded to the newer ATA version. The problem is that beginning with version 3.6.1, things were rearranged in the header. Now Jquery isn't loaded until after the Header Inserts.

The best solution I could come up with was to edit the ATA code so the inserts load after wp_head(). I assume there are situations where this could be a bad thing, or it wouldn't have been changed in ATA in the first place. However, this worked for my issue. Here's what I changed. In header.php, I moved the following line of code from higher up to right before the </head>:
Code:
<?php if( $bfa_ata['html_inserts_header'] != '' ) include 'bfa://html_inserts_header'; ?>
If updating future versions of ATA so the inserts load after wp_head() is a possibility, then that would be great for me.

-Brad
Old Feb 3, 2011, 07:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I've pass this on to Flynn
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:48 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I've added this in 3.6.5, the next version after 3.6.4 which is in the WP viewer queue since 3 weeks now.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 01:58 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks!

BTW-If anyone else is running into this, I realized there is another work-around rather than editing the ATA code. If you use the WP Minify plugin, it will load all the external javascript, including jquery, in one combined file that loads at the very top of the head.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:19 PM
twola

27 posts · Sep 2009
Yup ran into the same issue.

Thanks for taking the time to document this.