Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Border around Txt

Old Dec 1, 2010, 05:48 PM
ontrackdesignz

7 posts · Oct 2010
I need to place a border of varying heights and widths around text. 1px #000000 is what I need.

Is there a plugin I can use or will I need to do this manually within HTML editor when editing/making a page/post?

I also need to create a calendar feature similiar to what is shown here http://www.velogirls.com/calendar.php

Last edited by ontrackdesignz; Dec 1, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 07:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
all depends on where you need to put it. The easiest way is to code a css selector and rule and add it to the css inserts
Old Dec 1, 2010, 08:07 PM
ontrackdesignz

7 posts · Oct 2010
Well I need to place various text box sizes on 5 different static pages.

Can you provide some script? 1px and color #5A5353
Old Dec 3, 2010, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
here is a script for you
1) go to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and add
HTML Code:
.my_border {border: solid 3px red;}
you only do this once. You can change the parameters - go check out http://www.w3schools.com/css to find the syntax

2) each time you want a border, put <p class="my_border"> before the text and </p> at the end of the text. For example
HTML Code:
<p class="my_border">In cursus ultricies vulputate. Phasellus congue mollis fermentum. Sed mauris odio, condimentum non mattis et, suscipit sed nibh. Nunc at turpis vitae augue adipiscing blandit eget et libero. Aenean molestie consectetur eleifend. Ut tincidunt, mi et fermentum vulputate, ante metus ultrices leo, eget interdum eros nisi sed diam. Duis vulputate arcu eu metus rutrum suscipit. Nullam ac erat eros, quis cursus lorem. Praesent non metus accumsan augue eleifend rhoncus a eget sapien. Sed tempor mollis leo id ornare. Nullam tincidunt dignissim odio, quis facilisis augue suscipit eget. Pellentesque vehicula dapibus odio, ut vestibulum sem consequat in. Sed faucibus risus quis urna scelerisque hendrerit.</p>