Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Home page won't load! Parse error, syntax error

Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:01 AM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
As far as I can tell, all I was doing was adding some subpages to the site. After adding one of them, when I refreshed the home page I got the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/shem/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions.php(396) : eval()'d code on line 2

I looked at the code but nothing jumped out at me as a glaring error. How can I fix this?

PS attaching functions.php

PSS wordpress 2.8.4
atahualpa 3.4.2
Attached Files
File Type: txt functionsphp.txt (20.0 KB, 3146 views)
Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
swap to the default theme and remove the last page you created. Then swap back to Atahualpa and see if it works
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:01 AM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
No, it didn't work.
Here's something weird: the homepage url (http://theagnonschool.org) immediately redirects to the last page I created (and the one I deleted when I switched to the default theme). That page is http://theagnonschool.org/parents/cl...hildhood-news/. In the default theme, when that page tries to load, there's a 404 message (since the page doesn't exist). In Atahualpa, there's the parse error, syntax error message.

What else can I try?
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:09 AM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
Juggledad,
Thanks for your help. Since I couldn't figure out what I did in creating several new pages -- or which new page -- caused the problem, I just restored last night's database backup, and all is working again.
But I really appreciate your fast help.
Lila
Old Aug 30, 2009, 01:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Actually, your problem still exists, just try http://theagnonschool.org/dsfgsd and the error will occur.
1) what do you have at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN -> Content if NOT FOUND?
2) please set ATO->Configure CSS & JS items to 'Internal', 'Internal', 'NO' and 'YES