Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Sticky: Post: Container HELP!!

Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:42 AM
lotusheartsinbloom

4 posts · Jul 2009
I was reading a closed thread and after all of the research I still don't understand what a sticky container/post is and how to use it. I followed an instruction on how to Navigate to the "Visibility" in my WP 2.8 dashboard and don't even see the option for Visibility. I see a comment that someone told someone else:

"What I don't understand is why you don't use the built in WordPress stickie checkbox (dasboard->Posts->edit->visibality->edit->Stick this post to the front page)"

Unless I am blind or missing something, i cannot find any built in option to check stickie as a function for any of my posts.

In order to make a post static and remain always at the top of the page, do you insert the sticky container code for A 3.3.3 in the html code of the post? I tried that and nothing appeared.

newbie frustrated.

My blog I just started is: www.lotusheartsinbloom.com and I'm trying to get the video "Story of Stuff to stay at the top"
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:54 AM
lotusheartsinbloom

4 posts · Jul 2009
I finally figured it out. On the right hand side in the WP2.8 dashboard where you can save as draft, publish, etc. there is a "visibility" option where I selected sticky for my post and saved. All good! Now, how do I get the sticky note to not show on my blog, and get rid of the date?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 09:19 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Delete the content of Page/Post Style -> POST Container: STICKY

The dates in the footer can be edited or removed at Post/Page Info Items