Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Need same current page behavior for both inner and outer sidebars

Old May 19, 2010, 10:44 PM
mrsherman

2 posts · May 2010
I have a site that uses both an inner and outer sidebar with Pages widget. The outer sidebar is displayed only for a small set of public pages; the inner sidebar (and not the outer one) is displayed for a larger set of password-protected pages. Reading this forum, I found the following code to change the color and add an underline to indicate a current page (so when someone goes to that page, the left navigation will show them what page they are actually on). Here's the code:

ul li.current_page_item a:link,
ul li.current_page_item a:visited,
ul li.current_page_item a:active,
ul li.current_page_item a:hover {
text-decoration:underline !important;
background:#FFFFFF !important;
color:#490095 !important
}

which does exactly what I want it to for the outer (left) sidebar. But the effect for the inner one is that all the pages now have the #490095 color and an underline applied all the time, so as soon as you login with the password to get to the private portion of the site, every page listed on the inner sidebar has changed color and acquired the underline. I can't figure out what I need to add in order to style the inner sidebar so it behaves the same as the outer one. (I added the above via the CSS Insert feature in Adahualpa.)

Any advice welcome -- THANKS!
Old May 20, 2010, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How are you controling which sidebar (inner or outer) to display on the public vrs private pages?
Old May 20, 2010, 06:23 AM
mrsherman

2 posts · May 2010
Ah, that's a thought. I'm excluding them, and originally did that in the Pages Widget but then realized I needed to do it in the Atahualpa settings ("Style and Configure Sidebars") so now they are probably listed both places. Could that be the problem? It wasn't clear to me where to add the exclusion list since both seem to be options, so I figured it was safer to do it both places, but perhaps that's confusing Atahualpa?