Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Styling tr id=bodyrow

Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:02 PM
geneise

20 posts · Sep 2010
I have the main content area ("bodyrow") removed from the header by using this css for one of the horizontal bars in the header:

height: 125px;
background: transparent !important;

In that 125px space is a graphic (code in the Header Image screen). Anyway, that's not important...

... what I'm trying to do is apply a box-shadow to tr id=bodyrow.

Is this possible? Nothing I have tried has worked. The drop shadow goes all the way up the page.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Last edited by geneise; Jul 11, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have a link to the site. It would be guessing without seeing what is going on? Also what is the code you are using and where did you put it?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:36 AM
geneise

20 posts · Sep 2010
Here it is:

http://174.120.254.130/~abaorg/blog/

Messing around with it more, I was able to get what I wanted ... although the widths of the elements are thrown off just a bit ... most likely because I need to take padding into account ... I think. Here's what worked (placed in CSS inserts):

tr#bodyrow {
box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000000;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000000;
display: block;
width: 1088px;
}

td#right {
width: 300px;
}

td#middle {
width: 788px;
}

... I still have some tweaking to do. I learned that if I just use the first style without any widths, it renders the tr#bodyrow narrower, by the width of the sidebar. So I needed to add the widths for the td elements ... but now the overall layout is a bit too wide (most likely by the amount of the combined padding) ... so I still need to mess with it.

Any suggestions on doing this better, more cleanly or efficiently are greatly appreciated.

###
please note that this is still way under construction, and the styling in the sidebars and posts is not yet complete.

Last edited by geneise; Jul 12, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Because there is no element that contains just the middle and footer setting a box shadow on just those two items is problematic. If what you did works for you then you are all set.